“should change the hotel name to be "Not Tha Pea" instead”
Review of Na Thapae Hotel

Na Thapae Hotel
Ranked #276 of 834 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2013

as we got the business trip in Chiang Mai and we had booked this hotel by Web Site. First, we found that this hotel is located beside the narrow road and hard to drive on this road as they have many car park along this narrow road (careful if you have your own car) then when we arrived at the hotel we had to tried to park our car in the small parking lot as this small parking lot possible to keep just only 2 cars only (actually it's possible for 3 cars but the owner of this hotel had always parking their). after i saw the location and room, i feel that the price for this hotel is so high at all. for service is very poor. i had asked for the Iron but the reception told me that they don't have any iron in this hotel. on the last night i and my boss had agreed to sit and relax at the lobby as the road in front of the hotel is difficult to drive...it's narrow!!! for our relaxing time we had bought some beer then i asked for the refrigerator which i trust they have but they informed me again that they don't have the refrigerator...impossible (what kind of the service) I had asked for the the mosquito repellent during i sitting at the lobby area??but she told me that this hotel not provide any mosquito repellent to guest...by the way they offered us the fan instead...but around 11.00pm they took this fan back ??? do they fear that we will steal it??? as they had the security to take care of the hotel as well... ah the mosquito bite us again...for the breakfast, we can select just only 1 menu example scramble egg with bacon or omelet with bacon. and 1 type of sereal and 1 type of bread.during i staying here i feel uncomfortable , there is no way to make yourself at home at they show a lot of disallow sign example smoking, Durian, mangosteen, mosquito repellent, etc. for my suggestion, as i understand their point as they manage this hotel like the family style so i also strongly recommend you to improve the service as i had mentioned above will make your guest happy and will returning to stay with u again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tum_thitiphong_ph

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The ethnic Lanaa setting, rustic furniture, great comfortable rooms, warmth and courtesy of staff and a great breakfast, all set this Boutique hotel a class apart. We recommend this as a must for all visitors to Chiang Mai, Thailand.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Location is ideal, close to the main city gate with the same name. Rooms have good size and large bed, Simple badroom.
Breakfast choice very limited.
Good for 1-2 nights when visiting the city and area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Although my stay her was pleasant, I thought it would have been closer to the night bizarre. As a lone female traveler I didn't like the location in a dark back alley- and te doors were never secured.

Morning staff was very helpful and breakfast was limited but good! Afternoon staff was very unfriendly and made me feel like I was an inconvenience. Wouldn't help me with how taxis worked or getting one to come to take me to the airport. Had to carry all my luggage and gifts to a Main Street where I could get a tuk tuk. We're not accommodating to having a late check out, but kept your bags in the hallway for you while you toured.

Not a great place if you want good sleep. Bed was uncomfortable and having a room right by reception it was very loud and disturbing. Would recommend staying on the second floor but then you would be disturbed by breakfast.

Overall it was a decent stay and good for the price. I would not come back on due to the location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Cat G
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

I will be contacting the customer service with the agent that I booked it with. The staff here were so unfriendly. They said no to every request. From an extra towel to extra toilet paper. Everything was NO and they said against policy for everything and it was like we were an inconvenience. I saw other reviews and didn't think it was a big deal but it actually is.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Daf10
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Chiang Mai's cool, but inexplicably overrated. That said, you gotta see it once to know that for yourself, because it's hard to believe just reading it. And since you'll need a hotel to find that out for yourself, this is a pretty good one in the context of hotels in Southeast Asia. It's pretty no-frills and extremely overpriced, but the ladies who operate it are friendly, but communication skills are very limited (unless you speak Thai). Just manage your expectations here. Room was clean and fairly charming during the five honeymoon nights my wife and I spent there, but the aircon didn't work properly (literally not cool in the hottest months). Walking distance to one of the sleaziest streets in Asia (Loy Kroh Road), which middle aged Australians, Germans, and Americans seem to helplessly gravitate toward. Breakfast is "aight" but there's no fresh coffee (also typical in Asia, unfortunately).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

This boutique hotel was booked for me online so was unsure what we would find, it took a bit of finding but when we did we found a little gem, both my girlfriend & I enjoyed it a lot, its tucked away in a small soi right in the old quarter of Chiang Mai , close to everything this delightful city as to offer, the all female staff couldn't have been more helpful, the room spacious & clean, breakfast not up to much but ok, definitely would stay again, superb.

• Stayed: March 2013