“Outstanding massage and service”

Fah Lanna Spa - in the Old Town
4 Hour Fah Lanna Romantic Spa Package
Ranked #19 of 270 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fah Lanna Spa is located in the old town near Chang Puak Gate and Fah Lanna Massage is near the Nigh Bazaar. As a family owned business, both places are in Northern Thai style, created with love to make customers feel welcome, relaxed and invited. The spa offers private rooms with showers, WC and jacuzzi and is perfect for some luxurious pampering while the massage shop gives customers the same welcoming, friendly and very personalized service with the famous Thai smile at regular massage shop prices. Feel like a princess (or prince) to ordinary prices.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our experience here was delightful and we would highly recommend Fah Lanna. A little more expensive than some places in town but the extras are well worth the "full experience." We started with herbal (cold) tea as we completed our forms and then we were taken through a beautiful garden full of plants, running water and little bridges. The massage rooms were bright and clean and the girls doing the massage were professional; they did not chatter to each other so there was an air of calmness in the room; some of them spoke good english. Our experience was completed with a cup of hot ginger tea (aids digestion and detox) and some delicious rice cakes, while we completed our feedback form. Everyone was very gracious and anxious to please. We came back the next day because we had such good value for money! Would highly recommend (and I am very particular - I rarely write this in a review!).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,616)
All reviews
in 14 reviews
"old city"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Made a reservation for the next day after stopping by to look at the location. Beautiful decor, very polite and friendly staff. We were picked up from our hotel at the time requested. Had an unexpected 30 minute wait whilst there, but provided a lovely full body massage and a foot scrub for my partner. Staff requested feedback which we gave. They observed our comments about the wait and provided some free massage oil as an apology. Cannot fault their service or thoughtfulness and would recommend to others

1  Thank Zak B
Reviewed 9 June 2018

This is a wonderful spa! We booked a 90 minute traditional thai couples massage online via their website and were promptly picked up at our hotel at the scheduled time. We were welcomed to the spa with cool drinks to enjoy as we filled out our forms. The treatment room was nicely decorated and the foot washing was very nice. Before booking, I recommend researching thai massage as it involves lots of stretching and one would be very surprised if they were not expecting this. We had a very relaxing and rejuvenating experience and we enjoyed the post massage snack. We regret not buying some of the rice cakes to bring back with us. The spa visit included a ride back to our hotel and this was provided via a service similar to Uber. Overall, a great experience!

1  Thank MGB724
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

This spa is higher priced than typical store front massage places, but it was so worth it. My daughter and I had our own building where the massage therapists worked on us side by side. They were silent (and not chatting) and this was the only place we tried where this was true.

We tried various massage places in Chiangmai and Bangkok, and Fah Lanna was by far our favorite.