“Great loacation and friendly owner”
Review of Baan JaJa

Baan JaJa
Ranked #77 of 736 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
korea
“Great loacation and friendly owner”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

very good loaction near Tapae Gate in 3min.
Room is also clean and owner is very kind and friendly.
I recommed this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We were there from 17-20 Feb and we had one of their triple room for 2 nights and 2 double rooms for a night. The rooms were clean with no mosquito which is important because throughout Chiang Mai there are so many mosquitoes EVERYWHERE! Local was perfect: Quiet yet right next to the action: The Sunday Night Market is 3 mins away. Tao and Nun were amazing! Help us SOOO much with our trip: Where to go and eat in Chiang Mai, Where to go for our little 3 day excursion in Northern Thailand and even tips in Bangkok! They also let us leave our bags there when we were traveling around and kept them until we are back. That was very nice of them! I see true hospitality in them!

Only a couple of things: The beds are a little hard for western standard which is pretty much everywhere in Asia if you are not living in some fancy hotels. Also, breakfast was nice with a lot of different types of tea and pastry, but if coffee was not instant and if there are eggs that would have been wonderful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Arrived to find our room had been given to someone else because the owner couldn't distinguish our very different names. Her room, which we were offered instead, had two single beds whereas our room had one double - which we'd specifically asked for when booking. Very annoying. Really wanted to like this place. So we spent the afternoon traipsing around looking for somewhere else in the middle of a VERY busy weekend because we really did not want to sleep in two tiny single beds.
Disappointing!

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I booked my room after reading rave reviews on Trip Advisor. I wanted to try somewhere new in Chiang Mai. My fiancé and I got off the overnight train and arrived early. Management seemed nice and the common area was great. We quickly threw our bags in the room and set off to get lunch. The room was sparse, with one fluorescent light and a tiny desk that had seen better days. No matter, as I am not picky. However, when I returned from lunch to take a nap we found hairs were all over the floor and on top of and underneath the sheets. Lots of hairs and the bed obviously had not been cleaned since the last person. We let management know and he had someone change the sheet, but not the tapestry/blanket. I was also just dealing with the ants in bathroom and the door with a gap that allowed Mosquitos into the room. Again, bugs happen. Then horrible construction sounds begin. Sawing metal, hammering, men yelling, etc. It was coming from the alley, not their fault as they can't control their neighbors, but I quickly realized there was NO glass window in the bathroom- simply a screen with a little plastic haphazardly put over. I went down and politely asked the manager if I could check out the following morning instead of staying for two nights like I originally planned (I wanted to leave that minute but had paid for two nights up front as required and decided to at least stay for one as to not put them out.) He agreed only after telling me he had to charge me a 50baht room cleaning fee- what a joke for a room that was dirty in the first place! Construction started bright and early at 8am the next morning, and we were out. At 650 baht (plus cleaning fee) this is a rip off- we found a place down the street with a balcony, tv, and fridge for 500 baht. I really wanted to like this place but would suggest you search elsewhere for a better deal.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Tajmaholla
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Most people have waxed lyrical about the rooms/service/location which I agree with completely, especially the cleanliness. My comment is only on the laundry service - possibly as in much of Thailand, to speed things up they use a tumble dryer to dry the clothes (strange practice in a warm country..). Here, they must use maximum-heat setting as all our clothes came back shrunk to children's size. Irreversibly shrunk and completely unwearable. So watch out! And if using a laundry service in thailand make sure you ask for no tumble dry or put in clothes that you don't mind not wearing again!

• Stayed February 2012
Yilan County, Taiwan
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This is our second time to Thailand but no other places gave me the feeling. It is like just a guesthouse. It's more like a home. There is a public area with two comfortable hammocks. My kids like to stay here, play and meet new friends. Tao and Nun always helped to solve the problem. I had planned to stay for only three nights but then decided to stay for a week. Because of my request for 4 more nights, Tao negotiated with another family and asked for their permission to let us keep the triple room we had been staying at. She told them that Asian kids need more care of the parnets. And you know what? They said yes. When Tao told us the news, we were so surprised. We never thought that she would do this for us. And Nun is also very helpful. He even helped us to contact the next hotel we were heading for. What can I say? If I come to Chiang mai again, Baan Nud Kun will definitely be my first choice! Tao and Nun, thank you so much!

Room Tip: They have two triple rooms on the ground floor. If you don't want to be disturbed by kids'...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Stockport
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We found this place by word of mouth and ended up staying a week during the Christmas period. It's an excellent little family-run guesthouse conveniently situated near Thapae Gate in the east part of the old city (but crucially, inside the walls!)

Run by Tao and Nud, its very quickly apparent who wears the trousers! Tao is a tour de force and instantly puts you at ease no matter how long your journey (and ours was a long one!) She is a natural raconteur and tells a good tale with a wry sense of humour. Together they will happily plan your whole stay in Chiang Mai, if you let them!

We had a room on the first floor. The rooms are basically all the same - clean and functional with a firm bed (a little too firm for my liking though!) One nice touch is having a separate shower room and toilet. Tao has a policy of cleaning the room once every three days - I would have preferred every other day.

Breakfast is a self-service buffet and features muesli, fruit, yoghurt, toast, juice, tea, coffee and a dangerously fattening selection of cakes and pastries. Tea, coffee and bananas are free to guests at any time. There's also a fridge and a microwave, neither of which we thought we'd need, and in both cases we did! There are comfy chairs and hammocks and a well-stocked bookshelf. All in all, Baan Nud-Kun caters for weary travellers very well indeed and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to singles, couples or small groups of any age.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple