“Wow! Best place I stayed in a month!”
Review of Baan JaJa

Baan JaJa
Ranked #82 of 777 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 September 2010

This hotel is incredible! Nud is the kindest woman in all of Thailand. She made me so comfortable. I was a little nervous traveling by myself, but she took all of my worries away immediately. She found a tuk-tuk driver to take me to church. She arranged for me to see rescued elephants. She even let me borrow an umbrella when it was raining! Laundry is very affordable 30 baht for 1 kg. The rooms are very simple, but who wants to stay in their room in Chiang Mai?

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Baan JaJa

Reviewed 27 August 2010

It's a little off the main road and is definitely one of the quieter guesthouses, but Baan Nud-Kun was an amazing place to stay. Located really close to Thae Pae Gate, it made it easy for us to tell tuk-tuks and taxis where to drop us off.

Three of us were on a budget, and this was slightly pricier than other local guesthouses like Julie's, but we're so glad we found it. We stayed there for more than a week, and experienced all of the rooms (Triple A/C, Twin A/C, Twin Fan, Double Fan). All of them were great.

Nud and Tao run a quaint, clean guesthouse. All the rooms are basic, simple, and clean, but the guesthouse owners make it stand out above others. Tao and her staff are always available to help book tours (at 10% off), give suggestions on places to eat, get a tuk tuk that won't rip you off (English-speaking), or just have great conversation. They really make this place special. The common areas (especially the hammocks) are great places to read and relax.

If I ever head back to Chiang Mai, I would definitely stay there again. Hopefully by then, Tao will have succeeded in opening her bakery as well!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank t4jes
Reviewed 21 August 2010

I stayed at Baan Nud Kun for a week. The owners, Tao and Nat, were delightful and really took a friendly interest in all their guests. I was in a ground floor room. It had a new king size bed, ensuite and air conditioning - the most reasonable rates I have ever paid. The sense of community at this little guest house is wonderful, with many travellers returning often. It was clean, quiet, central to everything and I will go back as often as I can as well!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Tao and her husband made us so welcome here! They went out of their way to find us a vegetarian cooking class, organise a homestay, flight of the gibbons and even came with us on a coffee tour up in the mountains. They also let us leave some of our luggage so that we could travel lightly to pai. The place was just as friendly, clean and comfortable when we came back for our second stay 2 weeks later. We ended up staying in chiang mai much longer than we had intended as we felt so comfortable and at home here, we will definately be back here on our next trip!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2010

My wife and I stayed in Baan Nud-Kun a couple of times when we travelled in Thailand, and loved it each time. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and excellent value. They give you free water, tea, and fruit, and you can use the fridge and microwave as well. Plus a stylish and comfortable common area to relax in. And they recycle! Best of all the owners are incredibly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2010

we stayed there with my partner for about 10 days in room 203. The rooms are very basic but VERY clean. The matress on the bed was new and comfortable, room was cleaned every 3 days and the towels were changed then also. The cost is normally 400 baht per night for a double bed room with fan, but if you stay more than 7 days you get a 10% discount , so we ended up paying 360 baht. Very nice location and really helpfull ownenrs.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2010

This is a nice place. The owners are very nice and friendly.
It is very close to all the action, but still quiet.
I loved the place except for the rooms. The rooms were minimal and lacked any decor. The common area on the contrary was quite nice :)

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family