I spend 5 nights with my 3 kids in the khum phaya hotel in Chiang May and I must say it is great vaue for money hotel though even pricy. The traditional Thai design rooms, houses and pool make it very relaxing and extremely pleasant. Most of the staff were great and very helping. One lady at the reception was not very kind and and could only answer by no - which is strange for Thai people in general. She made me feel I was disturbing her while I needed her help...
But once again ther hotel design and vibe compensated for this little inconsistency.
The hotel is located outside the city of Chiang Mai, so you would need a cab ride to get there. There is a local market with quite some bars and restaurants arounds with primarelly 99.99% locals, so this is great but the food is not too much tuned for my 6 and 10 years old duche :-).
The distance from the center makes it that you are last in the drops of activities and seating I the back of a pick is always a great experience if it can be shortend :-) all in the hotel design and pool relaxing atmosphere makes it a great place to stay in Chiang Mai. Make sure you get a room far away from the busy road where tuk tuk whizz along, and plan your excussion with the hotel - not really more expensive than downtown so you can get drop off first when you are exhausted - it is really a magical place to relax and the vibe is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection (formerly Prince Khum Phaya Resort & Spa Chiang Mai): Chiang Mai is well-known for its extensive range of hotels, many being high rise within the city centre. Unlike others, Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection aims to deliver a friendly traditional Lanna style resort right to the heart of Chiang Mai. The design and architecture of Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection are based on Lanna (Northern-Thai) traditions and customs, distinctively for the Art of Teak Wood Carving used in the majority of the decorations including the 80-year-old teak wooden roof topping. Plus, in-room furniture and facilities are in Lanna style. The pleasant landscape, conceived from traditional Thai style, which is an assembly of Thai mythological trees and flowers, which some age more than a hundred years, make Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection an unique place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelbag, Holiday Gems and TravelUp so you can book your Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Khum Phaya Resort And Spa Centara Boutique Collection
- Khum Phaya Resort & Spa Centara Boutique Collection Hotel Chiang Mai