Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Lancelot Residence(Chiang Mai)
Excellent 5/5
    Suan Pa Mae Jam(Chiang Mai)
      • Room Service
      Thipsiri Lord(Chiang Mai)
      Very Good 4/5
      Eden Garden Resort(Chiang Mai)
      Average 3/5
      Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)
      1,103 results
      All reviewspool access roombig cpool barjet showerjacuzzi bathshuttle buscentral festivalbeautiful hotelhotel taxipool sidemosquito netbeautiful poolour honeymoontour desklanna stylewater featuresegg station
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed in the Lanna Deluxe pool access room during the summer.The room is clean but there are mosquitoes there because the the room is surrounded by trees and river. We asked the staff to spray insect repellent around the room, we closed all the doors tightly and used the mosquitoes net. After that, all the mosquitoes disappeared. The hotel are quietly located in bit outside the city center, there are 7-11 and Big C shopping mall in 5 minutes walk. Most tourist sites are in twenty minutes drive, you can also take free shuttles from the hotel to the night bazaar. The resort are stylishly built in authentic Lanna style, the swimming pool are extremely large which is suitable for both children and adults. The staffs are helpful and kind, they drive a golf cart to bring us to the room at a rainy night. The restaurant there are also very outstanding, the breakfast buffet is delicious and the Thai foods are even better than many famous restaurant in the riverside, I liked the coconut chicken soup best.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
      1  Thank KimWan
      Ketkarn k, Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear Mr. Kim Wan,

Greeting from Khum Phaya Resort & Spa Centara Boutique Collection!!!
      On behalf our team we would like to thank you your kind compliments is very appreciated. We have noted your comments to improve our bette services.

Again, Thank you very much we all hope to see you in Chiang Mai again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I spend 5 nights with my 3 kids in the khum phaya hotel in Chiang May and I must say it is great vaue for money hotel though even pricy. The traditional Thai design rooms, houses and pool make it very relaxing and extremely pleasant. Most of the staff were great and very helping. One lady at the reception was not very kind and and could only answer by no - which is strange for Thai people in general. She made me feel I was disturbing her while I needed her help...
      But once again ther hotel design and vibe compensated for this little inconsistency.
      The hotel is located outside the city of Chiang Mai, so you would need a cab ride to get there. There is a local market with quite some bars and restaurants arounds with primarelly 99.99% locals, so this is great but the food is not too much tuned for my 6 and 10 years old duche :-).
      The distance from the center makes it that you are last in the drops of activities and seating I the back of a pick is always a great experience if it can be shortend :-) all in the hotel design and pool relaxing atmosphere makes it a great place to stay in Chiang Mai. Make sure you get a room far away from the busy road where tuk tuk whizz along, and plan your excussion with the hotel - not really more expensive than downtown so you can get drop off first when you are exhausted - it is really a magical place to relax and the vibe is great.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
      1  Thank Benoit S
      Ketkarn k, Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear Benoit S,

Thank you on behalf of our Khum Phaya team for having been our guest recently, your comments serve as a motivation to all of us to continue working hard to achieve our better and higher goal.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next journey to Chiang Mai.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

The Khum Phaya is only a 150baht taxi ride into town or use the free hotel shuttle with a huge Big C shopping centre and 7/11 close by for any little necessities you may need. We had a Deluxe Lanna room with pool access, huge king size bed and a lovely bathroom. We found our bed spacious but a little too hard for comfort. The pool is amazing and the pool access rooms are perfect for sipping cocktails and reading on the deck. Lounges on the islands are also great and a cute kids area for families. The pool is sparkling clean with little bridges to walk across to the other side and to the islands and beautiful fountains and water features (although a bit noisy). The hotel has continuous subtle Thai music playing throughout the hotel and grounds which is a nice touch plus very relaxing. The buffet breakfast is fantastic with everything anyone could wish to eat for breakfast. The restaurant served delicious Thai food and the chefs were more than willing to make us Thai dishes which were not on the menu. All the staff were friendly but unfortunately their English was about as good as my Thai (not very)!! There also seemed to be a major problem with a lack of bath towels, something I would not have expected from Centara. On one occasion I asked for my towels and was told "one moment please", hours later still no towels, finally they delivered orange pool towels to me and told me the bath towels were "finished". My suggestion to Centara is buy more towels, surely they must know that with a full house over a long weekend they would need plenty of towels. Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the Khum Phaya and would definitely stay there again and would recommend it as a relaxing, laid back Chiang Mai hotel. Oh, I forgot to mention the Spa. I had several treatments at the absolutely gorgeous spa and was treated like a queen. The prices were very affordable and the experiences were incredible, the rooms were spotlessly clean and the products were sensational, the girls were lovely and quiet. I felt like I was walking on air after these treatments, this is a must do!!!

Room Tip: Go for the Lanna Deluxe pool access room if you don't have young children, they are perfect!!
      • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
      3  Thank mickenmelbourne

Dear Mickenmelbourne,

Thank you on behalf of our Khum Phaya team for having been our guest recently, your comments have been taken and noted to all of us to continue working hard to achieve our better and higher goal.
      We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next journey to Chiang Mai

Reviewed 24 August 2012

This was a great place to stay - the best of our time in Thailand. Outside the main part of the city, but with a regular shuttle bus service. The hotel and grounds are beautifully designed and staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a spacious, comfortable and clean room with a jacuzzi bath and verandah with pool access. It was lovely to step straight from the room into the pool for an early morning swim. Breakfast is lavish - I can't imagine anything more that would be wanted. A really great surprise was the quality of the food in the restaurant - not at all the normal bland hotel food - some of the best we ate in our 3 weeks travels and reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
      2  Thank KerryG123

Dear KennyG123,

On behalf of all my team at Khum Phaya resort and Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, I thank you very much for your kind review.

Your compliment is much appreciated, it really serve as a great motivation to all staff.
      We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Quite away from town, Khum Phaya Resort & Spa was a lovely place to spend a relaxing time in Chiang Mai. We were welcomed with chilled fruit drink and cold towel scented with lemongrass. Very refreshing indeed!
      Originally we had a booking of a Lanna Deluxe Twin room plus an extra bed (One extra bed incl. breakfast for THB1,000 per night). Upon checking-in, I found out that our room was on a second floor, not the room adjacent to the swimming pool. We were a bit disappointed. The front desk staff offered us a special rate for upgrading to the room on a ground level with a terrace access to the resort swimming pool for only THB500 per night! Who would deny for that?
      The resort area is quite large so they provide an electric car (golf car) from lobby to rooms. You can call the operator for the electric car to pick you up as well. Once we got into our beautiful room, found that our twin beds were furnished with; I don’t know what’s it called, a curtain? It was quite lovely! The room was not that big, perhaps because we had the extra bed taken the space. The bathroom was huge! Big tub with Jacuzzi, shower cubicle with lovely rain shower and powerful side showers! I just love them!
      Once opened the back door to the terrace, there is a stunningly beautiful swimming pool right in front of us! We spent most of the afternoon in the pool! The pool bar is right over here but there was no bar attendance perhaps because of the rainy season.
      In the morning, we headed to Kham Saen restaurant for a buffet breakfast. The wait staffs were friendly and attentive. However, one morning I ordered poached egg, one staff did not know what it was, but the egg chef knows it. But as he could not cook it at the counter so he ordered it for me. I waited for too long I decided to ask for more simple egg. Then later, the egg was served. It was a sunny side-up egg which cooked in boiled water! I was surprised a resort like this don’t know how to make a poached egg, though it was ok to me. The chef who cooked eggs made me scrambled eggs with cheese so yummy that I had to ask for another one! The orange juice tasted a bit strange but other foods were fine. Huge range of breads & rolls are available at the counter.
      I think beside the beautiful area of the resort, their friendly staffs are quite a strong point to please guests. Whenever we met any one of them, at any time of the day, they would stop and greet us with smiles. I noticed that not only at this resort but people all around Chiang Mai town are this nice. They are always with smiles on their face, helpful, and no attitude. Hardly any feeling like this in Bangkok, I must admit!
      Anyway, since the resort is quite away from the center of Chiang Mai town, and it’s located at the back street of a Big C Extra store, so it can be difficult to get into the old town area or other tourist attractions. We found it very hard to get the red pick-up truck taxi here. Finally we got some taxi drivers’ phone numbers so whenever we need a ride, just give them a call. The taxi rate is fixed but it’s not cheap (comparing to Bangkok). The normal day time rate would be THB200 between resort and town (10-15mins), and THB300 at late night. But since there aren’t many choices so this would be the best. Besides all the taxi drivers were very friendly and quite considerate. If one cannot pick us up, they would recommend someone else and keep ringing whether we were properly taken care of. That was very nice of them.
      As mentioned earlier, the resort is right behind Big C Extra, a super store chain transformed from Carrefour, and also only few minutes walk to a 7-Eleven, so it is quite convenient to get something if needed. I heard that every Thursday (or Friday I’m not sure), the street in front of the resort would be transformed into a walking street like a market. That should be interesting, but please check the day again.
      If you come to Chiang Mai for relaxing but don’t want to be right in town and don’t want to be far away from town, Khum Phaya Resort would be one of the best places to stay a few relaxing days. I would definitely recommend the resort to anyone, and it would absolutely be lovely if we have a chance to stay here again.

Room Tip: Recommend a room on ground level with a door open to the swimming pool! But mosquitoes could be a bit irritating.
      • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
      1  Thank patrick-syd

Dear Patrick - SYD

Thank you very much particularly on spending your time to write your candid review on our place and our service and for being our guest at Khum Phaya Resort and Spa, Centara Boutique Collection recently.

With your constructive comments, we know how to better meet your expectation and your kind words serve as a motivation for all staff to continue our strive for excellence.
      I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.