“Very well established hotel in Chiang Mai!”

Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection
Ranked #23 of 384 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Very well established hotel in Chiang Mai!”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Me and my partner stayed at Khumphaya resort for 3 nights in August this year and we really enjoyed it. The room price is above the standard average price in the area but it was worth our money! The hotel belongs to one of the best hotels we have stayed so far. The room has the touch of Northern traditional Thai style with lots of teak wood decor. The room is spacious, large bathroom with Jacuzzi, very comfortable bed, flat screen TV, tea & coffee facility etc. They have got large swimming pool. The area has got hundreds of type of exotic trees and man-made waterfall. Staff was friendly and helpful. They always greeted us wherever we walk within the resort. Breakfast was amazing with varieties of Thai and European food, fresh bakery and egg station. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Downstairs with direct pool access is recommended.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank I love T
Ketkarn k, Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Dear I Love T,

On behalf of Khum Phaya Resort & Spa Centara, Boutique Collection. We would like to thank you your time to voted us on Tripadvisor.

Your written is realy motivate us to work a better service and achieve our objectives. We hope you and family will visit us in Chiang Mai again.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

The resort is very nice, not far from down town and they have free shuttle take you to night brazzar, closed to Big C (5 mins walk), food is tasty, staff are all very kind, good services! We are staying in Jacuzzi room, very spacious, room have steam room, message room, outdoor jacuzzi pool but totally private! It's very good to stay!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank DevonYv
Ketkarn k, Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Dear DevonYv,

Greeting from Khun Phaya Resort & Spa Centara Boutique Collection!!! On behalf of our team, we would like to Thank you your time to Voted us.

Your compliment are motivated our team to do a better services. There all so to drive us to acchived our aims.

Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you again in Chiang Mai.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Khum Phaya Resort has a beautiful open air check-in desk where you are seated on couches to complete the check-in process. They offer tea and a cool towel to refresh yourself. You are delivered to your room via golf cart and the attendant comes in and shows you how to turn the power on and some of the main amenities in the room. I specifically asked for a poolside room. The beauty of the pool is amazing and you can enter the pool right from your patio deck. The only real problem is getting back out and up on your personal deck. If you are a tall person I think it is easily navigated, but for the average person it is not an easy endeavor. GIven the vast amount of foliage, there is a lot of bugs that go with it. They have mosquito screens on the door allowing you to open the slider, but keep the bugs out. The beds were nice, but felt it could be better. I opted for the deluxe spa package involving a facial, massage, body scrub etc...Soi was amazing. She was kind, and very skilled. The spa experience begins with a glass of cold blue tea and then you are escorted to your private room where you take a steam shower for 20 minutes and begin a 2.5 hour blissful experience. I have never been so relaxed in my life. It ends with another cup of blue tea and some kind of sunflower seed cracker that was delicious. Wonderful experience. Life in the tropics requires some adjustment to geckos, tons of butterflies, ants, mosquitos and so forth, and I believe the hotel staff make an earnest effort to keep them under control. The spa to me was reasonably priced for what you get, whereas the room I think was a bit overpriced for what you get.

Room Tip: Get a poolside room even if just for the view. See attached photo.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Kvalah
Dear Kvalah,

On behalf of team Khum Phaya Resort & Spa Centara Boutique Collection. We are appreciated your compliment and time to voted us on Trip advisor.

We will keep all the best and ensure our customer satisfied a part of our services and enjoy our facilities during stay at Khum Phaya.

Again, Thank you we holp to see you in Chiang Mai

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My partner and I were in need of a much needed vacation. We were looking for a hotel that would offer privacy but also include the amenities of a larger one and Centara was the perfect choice. The grounds were green and lush with beautiful flowers and fragrant throughout.

Despite being upgraded to a Villa, we opted for a deluxe pool access which was spacious, nicely furnished and best of all, literally steps away from the pool.

The service at the resort was superb and everyone was charming, characteristic of Chiang Mai :)

The only negative thing about the hotel is the food. The menu was definitely overpriced and the quality sub-par at best. I do hope they change this because it would make for a very nice resort otherwise.

For a great Thai spa experience, check out "Thai Massage" located on the backside of a shabu shabu restaurant on the way to BigC.

Room Tip: Deluxe pool access is the way to go. Choose the one to the left of the reception. The ones on the ri...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank GalavanttheGlobe
Dear GalavanttheGlobe,

On behalf of our team at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa Centara Boutique Collection. I would like to Thank you your time to Voted us on Trip Advisor.

We here are very appreciated your recently stayed. Now, we have noted your commented to improve a part that you mentions.

We hope to serve you and family again in Chiang Mai.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Came here and stayed 2 nights for a workshop - beautiful hotel, generally really friendly staff. Nice location - not too close to the center of town but shops and shopping center nearby so that there are things to walk around and see. There are also cultural shows available nearby.

After the conference I had to wait around for a few hours for my flight, and hung around the lobby for a bit. I had some food from the day before that I decided to eat for dinner, and reception offered to heat it for me, or told me I could go eat it in the (almost empty) restaurant and enjoy the cooler air - I did, with the intention of giving a fairly generous tip.

After heating my food, they told me that I had to pay 100 baht for the service, which left a bad taste in the mouth...not only was the price extortionate, but they could have told me before they took my food for heating. Not the best end to the trip.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Ketkarn k, Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear Mr. Karan K,

On behalf our team at Khum phaya resort & Spa Centara Boutique Collection. I would like to thank you your time to voted and comment our team services.

Our team have receiving and noted in this metter regarding your comment. Its made us to know how to improve a better service and met your expected from our resort.

Again, we would like to apologize for any uncomfortable and Thank you for your support our hotel. We look forward to welcome you back again in ChiangMai.

Faithfully yours,
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed in the Lanna Deluxe pool access room during the summer.The room is clean but there are mosquitoes there because the the room is surrounded by trees and river. We asked the staff to spray insect repellent around the room, we closed all the doors tightly and used the mosquitoes net. After that, all the mosquitoes disappeared. The hotel are quietly located in bit outside the city center, there are 7-11 and Big C shopping mall in 5 minutes walk. Most tourist sites are in twenty minutes drive, you can also take free shuttles from the hotel to the night bazaar. The resort are stylishly built in authentic Lanna style, the swimming pool are extremely large which is suitable for both children and adults. The staffs are helpful and kind, they drive a golf cart to bring us to the room at a rainy night. The restaurant there are also very outstanding, the breakfast buffet is delicious and the Thai foods are even better than many famous restaurant in the riverside, I liked the coconut chicken soup best.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KimWan
Ketkarn k, Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear Mr. Kim Wan,

Greeting from Khum Phaya Resort & Spa Centara Boutique Collection!!!
On behalf our team we would like to thank you your kind compliments is very appreciated. We have noted your comments to improve our bette services.

Again, Thank you very much we all hope to see you in Chiang Mai again.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I spend 5 nights with my 3 kids in the khum phaya hotel in Chiang May and I must say it is great vaue for money hotel though even pricy. The traditional Thai design rooms, houses and pool make it very relaxing and extremely pleasant. Most of the staff were great and very helping. One lady at the reception was not very kind and and could only answer by no - which is strange for Thai people in general. She made me feel I was disturbing her while I needed her help...
But once again ther hotel design and vibe compensated for this little inconsistency.
The hotel is located outside the city of Chiang Mai, so you would need a cab ride to get there. There is a local market with quite some bars and restaurants arounds with primarelly 99.99% locals, so this is great but the food is not too much tuned for my 6 and 10 years old duche :-).
The distance from the center makes it that you are last in the drops of activities and seating I the back of a pick is always a great experience if it can be shortend :-) all in the hotel design and pool relaxing atmosphere makes it a great place to stay in Chiang Mai. Make sure you get a room far away from the busy road where tuk tuk whizz along, and plan your excussion with the hotel - not really more expensive than downtown so you can get drop off first when you are exhausted - it is really a magical place to relax and the vibe is great.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Benoit S
Ketkarn k, Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear Benoit S,

Thank you on behalf of our Khum Phaya team for having been our guest recently, your comments serve as a motivation to all of us to continue working hard to achieve our better and higher goal.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next journey to Chiang Mai.

Faithfully yours,