“Good service, good room”

Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection
Ranked #22 of 380 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good service, good room”
Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

I love the service here. I love jacuzzi in room and swimming pool in front of room. Breakfast is good quality. The only thing that i dont like is the location. Although there is minimart in front of the hotel, it is not located in town. I have to rent car to town.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this review, 12 January 2013
Dear Thipsusi,

Thank you so much for your good comment about our facilities in the resort. We really glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
I am not sure if you are aware that we do provide complimentary shuttle to downtown 3 times a day i.e. at 10 am, 2 pm and 7 pm with the last return trip from downtown at 10 pm.
However, we also have a tour desk located at the lobby which charge at a reasonable price compare to local taxis outside where one has to wait. At the counter you can schedule your own time or traveling.
We do hope to see you again in this resort and please do not hesitate to contact us should you need to make future reservation.
Jerome

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
bracciano
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We stayed 3 nights in a Room with Pool access and it's really worth it.
Staff is really friendly. Gardens and Pools are very well kept.
If I can just give a suggestion to the Manager , I will increase the number of shuttles to downtown Chiang Mai : just one in the morning and one in the evening are not enough . I did ask the reception to call me a taxi and they said they couldn't and directed me to the Excursion desk where they asked me 300 bath one way to go downtown. And you have no choice because if you exit the property there are no Taxi driving in the Hotel area. And even coming back at 11:00 pm from the Old city was kind of difficult.

Room Tip: Take a room with Pool access.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear Carlotraveller,

Hope we are not too late to wish you Happy New Year 2013!

We are happy to hear that you have arrived home safely after your wonderful stay with us recently. Your positive comment really very appreciated and I will share this with the team this morning.

As for the shuttle service perhaps there was a misunderstanding. We do infact have 3 daily shuttles to the city i.e. from 10 am, 2 pm and 7 pm with the last pick up returning to the hotel at 10 pm. We also from time to time, increase the schedules should the demand is high.

Our tour desk has been appointed by the hotel to provide a greater service and also to guarantee the safety and comfort of our guests. I must agree that the hotel cost is a bit higher compare to the taxi outsides. Taxis are available outside but one needs to bargain in order to get a better deal which will be a loss of time. However, we do have public transportation outside the hotel but this kind of transportation stops every pick up points that are not even marked.

Carlotraveller, we are here all hoping to see you again soon at Khum Phaya Centara Boutique Collection. Please do not hesitate to contact us direct again should you need any help.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Khum Phaya in Chiang Mai for 3 nights at the end of November 2012, whilst travelling from Bangkok and before heading to Phuket. Whilst I was expecting the hotel to be good, I wasn't expecting it to be the best of the 3 that I stayed in while on this trip to Thailand. It beat the beach side resort I stayed in on Phuket hands down!

From arrival to departure I was impressed with the hotel, the staff could not do enough for you, were friendly and attentive, the grounds are well maintained and a pleasure to wander round. The open air bar is a great touch whilst breakfast and lunch in the restaurant were excellent.

I had a poolside room which was spotless and of the quality I have come to expect in Thailand. The bathroom was excellent, with the shower being one of the best I have found in a hotel. The bed was perfect for a good nights sleep after a long day sightseeing.

Some people have commented that the hotel is a bit outside the city centre; don't let that deter you, it is only a 150THB tuktuk ride away! I won't hesitate to return to Chiang Mai or indeed the Khum Phaya.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stuart G
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Dear Stueygfd,
Thank you for your recent posting in Tripadvisor and we do really appreciate that.
Your comment is very important to us and I am sure all our team will be happy to read about it.
Please let us know should you plan to visit us again. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

I booked into the khum phaya hotel for a little Christmas treat to myself and that is exactly what I got. This is a beautiful hotel that is kept incredibly clean and maintained. The room was absolutely stunning so this was the perfect place for this part of my travels. Christmas eve I was given the choice of too exquisite set menus (both a Thai and western option) I went for the Thai and the food did not disappoint. Jerome and Kate the managers joined me during this dinner as I am a female solo and they did not want me to feel alone at this time of year...this was a subtle touch that I don't believe I would've got anywhere else. The location was a little bit away from the heart of the city but still you will have no problems at all getting anywhere. I can not speak highly enough of this hotel and the service I experienced, I will certainly be returning one day.

1 Thank Amy M
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this review, 1 January 2013
Dear Amy M,
Happy New Year 2013 to you and hope you had a good start of the brand new year! We surely missed you on the eve. Over here we had a quiet but a very 'family' type of New Year's eve international buffet. We have arranged a very last minute to have our own trainees to rehearse and performed a fantastic 'Lam' dancing (Northern Thai dance) and the guests just love it. We also engaged our next door Khum Khantoke to come and performed 2 slots to entertained our guests. During break our solo stroller, you may know Lek strolled away serenading the guests. Towards the end we invited our guests to lit up the traditional lanterns...It was just memorable experience and our guests just loved it.
We all thought of you and how did you usher your New Year?
I will share your nice and beautiful comments to all my staff this morning and i am sure this is a good kick start for all of us to further use this comment of yours to motivate them more and more.
Over here we are already looking forward to your return . I was also talking to the Behar Family whom you have met during your stay with us and they were all talking highly about you of been such a brave girl to travel solo around Thailand for the first time.
Keep in touch and drop us a mail or two when you are home.

Jerome and his team
UK
Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

Had a pool villa. You can dive in from your room to cool off.

Breakfast nice.

Location is right next door tonight bazaar market which u can grab bargains.

There are local bars and restaurants which are rally cheAp.

Right out of centre but suited us fine.

Really enjoyed stay.

• Stayed February 2012
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
Dear Moogle1,
Thanks for recent posting in Tripadvisor and we really appreciate your time taken to write us this short review but very meaningful and helpful to us.
All of us are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and we are now looking forward to welcome you, your family and all your friends to our beautiful resort in the near future.
We would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your entire family and friends a very Happy and Prosperous 2013!
May God bless!
Best regards from all of us,

Jerome and team
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for our Honeymoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. If its relaxation, peace and quiet you're after then this certainly won't disappoint. The resort is beautiful and the rooms are an absolute delight! Staff are very polite and helpful and make your stay even more rewarding.

• Stayed December 2012
Ketkarn k, Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Dear Navypti,

Good morning to you and thank you so much for the positive comment that you have posted recently.

We are very delighted to know that you really enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Do let us know when you have plans to come back on your next visit. We are all will be very happy to welcome you back again.

Best regards.
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

• Stayed December 2012
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this review, 22 December 2012
Dear Navypti,
Many thanks for your comments and we are so happy to hear you have had a wonderful time with us.