We had a lovely time at Khum Phaya on our honeymoon! We really enjoyed the gorgeous landscaping around our hotel and the pool is so unique.
We were a bit skeptical of the hotel to start with because it is quite a ways out of Chiang Mai. It seemed to be a downside at first but it wasn't actually a big deal as all of the tours were happy to pick up from the hotel and you were always last picked up and first dropped off, which was very convenient for time in the car. The hotel is tucked into a little neighborhood of shops with a 7Eleven accessible as well as several other local restaurants so you don't feel too isolated.
The hotel is beautifully upkept, especially on the outside with gorgeous Thai architecture, a beautiful pool that you can step into just out of your hotel room (a major bonus in the humid summer months), and really nice landscaping to make it feel a bit jungle-like.
The rooms were just OK. They could use a bit of love though as the bathrooms felt a bit outdated and the shower had a bit of a smell to it. They were kept fairly clean but the just feel like they need a bit of an update.
The staff was accommodating but they weren't quite as friendly as other Thai hotels we have stayed at. We may have just been spoiled by other lovely hotels we have stayed at in Thailand.
The spa is incredible! It is just gorgeously landscaped. We attended a great 3 1/2 hour honeymooner package that included a strawberry scrub, mud wrap, facial, and 60 minute oil massage. It was just fantastic.
My main complaint of the hotel was the noise at night. We could hear our neighbors sitting outside by the pool til all hours of the night, making a lot of noise playing games. There is also a loud bar or something nearby that played loud music til well past 1AM. Also, the pool is supposed to close at 7PM but nearly everyone breaks this rule (including ourselves). This is fine if the people are quiet but many people weren't as courteous as we would have liked.
The breakfast was very well provided for with a LOT of options and endless supply of food. I can only wish that they improved their coffee! Dinner at the hotel was good as well but it is much cheaper and more authentic to go out somewhere in the local neighborhood.
We attended the Khanthoke dinner next door which the hotel give you a discount to. This was really cool to see the live dancing and performances that told a story of Thai history. I highly recommend it!
Overall a good stay! Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chiang Mai was the centre of the Lanna kingdom, and with interiors fitted out in natural fabrics and teak, roofs made from 80-year-old teak beams, and intricate carvings that show the touch of a true craftsman, the design of this atmospheric four-star boutique resort reflects the kingdom’s heritage. Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection has 85 spacious rooms and villas (from 44 to 356 square metres of total living space), with the option of direct pool access or a private pool, and each with a Jacuzzi thus adding a holistic touch to any Chiang Mai holiday. Beautiful surrounds and spacious interiors with teak furnishings and wood floors throughout make the rooms and villas a comfortable retreat for couples and families, and perfectly evoke the Lanna heritage. Wellbeing facilities include a Spa Cenvaree, the perfect retreat after of a busy day of sightseeing, exploring the valleys surrounding the city or discovering the unique culture of the ‘Rose of the North’, and a fitness centre. The resort is also home to a lagoon-shaped swimming pool surrounded by century-old trees and meandering canals. The resort also has a restaurant and two bars. For shopping aficionados, the complimentary shuttle service connects to Chiang Mai’s night markets and to Central Festival Chiang Mai shopping centre which is only 10 minutes away, so is the old town. The resort is a mere 20-minute drive from Chiang Mai International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Travelbag, Fastbooking, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Khum Phaya Resort And Spa Centara Boutique Collection
- Khum Phaya Resort & Spa Centara Boutique Collection Hotel Chiang Mai