“Wonderful Oasis in the Middle of Town”

Shewe Wana Suite Resort
Reviewed 8 July 2012

There's a lot to like about Shewe Wana. We had one of the suite rooms which was incredibly spacious and fitted out beautifully with Thai style furniture.
The attention to detail was obvious in all aspects of the hotel from staff service and awareness of guest needs to the little touches in the room. Our family was made to feel like we were guests in someone’s house and although it is boutique in size, they were able to offer absolutely everything we needed. Coming back to Shewe Wana after a long hot day out in or around Chiang Mai is a wonderful memory for us.

Room Tip: The suiite rooms are supurb for familes with two large seperate bedrooms and bathrooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Don R

Reviewed 1 July 2012

i spent some nights at this resort and i really love it, if you are seeking for resonable price and green resort in Chiang, you may spend some nights at Shewe wana resort either in boutique or suite zone, boutique zone is fine for 2 pax stay, free wifi, suite zone 2 bedroom is supper for family 5-6 persons stay together, all staff are friendly and helpful, the provided free shuttle TUK TUK or minibus to night barzar (about 5 minutes transfer time), you also can experience Oil and hot compress massage and many more at Shewe wana spa or easy cooking class or use free PC and wifi at hotel lobby and at the coffe house,

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed in Shewe Wana Suite Resort a couple of weeks ago and I was absolutely suprised about this quiet place in the busy city. As soon as you enter the resort, the noise of the traffic on the street fades away and you get the feeling that you're staying somewhere outside the city.
The staff is very friendly, helpful, polite and charming, and they're looking great in their tradition Lanna-style clothes.
The famous night bazaar of Chiang Mai is not really close, but Shewe Wana has an own tuk-tuk and they can drop you off in the centre of the city.
I slept in a 1-bedroom suite with separate living room which was huge ! Really wanted to stay longer, but unfortunately that wasn't possible. But I can recommend Shewe Wana to everyone !

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We had a very nice 2 bedroom suite there was 3 of us in our beautiful Thai style suite lots of room for all, over looking the pool the staff are so nice and go out of there way to help you it is only 5mins from the old city and markets and they have a free tuk tuk it was great, the gardens are so nice to walk through to our room, loved our stay and the best thing is the staff thank you to all and we will come again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Chiang Mai is my favorite city for vacation. I have been there for not less than 5 times mainly because I like the people and the culture of the ancient city. I stayed at Shewe Wana Spa and Resort during my last trip to Chiangmai. I was impressed with the garden and ambience of the hotel - Quiet and Relax. I first checked into the boutique wing room but we found the room was quite small. Hence, we decided to check into the Royal Suite room with minimal amount of additional charges incurred. We were really impressed with the suite room. The room was really big and spacious and most of all -very comfortable. My wife and I had a wonderful time staying at the resort. I would like to thanks all the hotel staffs especialy the supervisor, Nick who have been very friendly at the very first moment of airport pick up. Their hospitality had made our trip to Chiang Mai once and again enjoyable. I will definitely return to Chiangmai for my year end holidays again.

Room Tip: Opt for the Royal Suite room - you will not regret
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CJL_Penang
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Having made the booking through internet, with only the Tripadvisor reviews as my reference, I was slightly apprehensive upon arrival. The resort has a website with all the rates clearly published. However, they do not have any facility for online reservation. It is done thru e-mail and one has to give his credit card number for a confirmed reservation....a fact which had been bothering me. But the good part was that all my mails had been promptly responded.

I had chosen for a 2 night stay which included a free transfer from / to airport and set dinner on one night.

Upon arrival at the resort, I was slightly let down by the entrance as it was bang on the road side with not too an elegant entrance. But this was soon forgotten once we were ushered to our suite which consisted of a huge living room with a small cooking area, an equally big bed room with a posh bathroom, storage area and 2 huge balconies. The arrangement did not fall short of whatever had been promised.

our next 2 days were spent amidst total luxurious stay with very friendly staff who were always willing to be of help. We left the hotel at the end of our stay totally satisfied. I would wish to put some pointers to summarise my review

The facts :
1. A mid-size hotel having 2 wings - Boutique rooms and suites. While we had opted for the suite, the rooms are also nice
2. While the hotel has a web page, there is no provision for online booking
3. Credit card is charged for full payment prior to 14 days from the date of arrival. Once charged, it is non refundable
4. the price is slightly on the higher side costing and average SGD 250+ per night with an extra bed in the room

The Goods :
1. Very comfortable rooms, beds, baths and everything
2. Very friendly staff - always greets with big smile
3. Very very clean
4. Greenery all around
5. Location not too far from the city hot spots
6. Limited choice but nice breakfast ...eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausages made to order
7. The set dinner was quite filling and the dishes were tasty

To take note off :
1. Too many mosquitoes...guess it is everywhere in Chiang Mai. While the rooms were sprayed on both nights upon request and all the doors have mosquito screens, the hotel could perhaps be a bit more aggressive in tackling this issue
2. A small dining area with a limited choice. We did not find many tourists in the hotel. The small could be an issue if the hotel is full. Also, the restaurant closes at 9. So if you have the habit of eating late, have to make your own arrangement
3. Two small swimming pools. So, if you are looking to spend time in the pool, it would perhaps be a disappointment

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank abaner
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Very nice resort with a wonderful tropical garden inside. The staff was very friendly, the room (one bedroom suite) huge with a large balcony, very cosy and quiet. The city centre of Chiang Mai is within a walking distance either to cross the Naowarat Bridge or walking along the Mae Ping over the old iron bridge, to Night Bazaar about 20 minutes. I can recommend this resort to everybody and will stay there again during my next visit of Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo