“Outstanding Resort”

Shewe Wana Suite Resort
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have travelled around the world and stayed at many hotels and resorts. Shewe Wana is the best resort I have stayed at. When I arrived, I was greeted by a crew of smiling faces at the front desk who informed me that I was upgraded from a one to a two bedroom suite at no charge. The suite was beautiful and had a special Thai flair that made me feel right at home. I besieged the girls at the front desk with questions and requests every day and they were always happy to help me. The resort is a little out of the way from the city center but a free shuttle runs every hour to bring guests to the night bazaar. They will also pick you up at the airport free of charge. The owner, Joy, made a special point of seeking me out to make sure I was happy with the accommodations. Breakfast was included every morning and could be made to order along with a light buffet that was available. One day I asked for a few sandwiches for my son to be packed up because we were going on a tour and I didn't think he would like the lunch food offered on the tour. The sandwiches were promptly made at no charge. I have never experienced such a high level of service at any other resort I have stayed at. I would also like to send a special note of thanks to Rose, Pink, Sweet and Vickie for being so kind. Together you made our stay in Chiang Mai wonderful!! Sincerely, Noreen

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 January 2014

My partner booked this hotel for me in secret, and I had no idea what I was walking into, and have to say it has been so pleasant and charming from start to finish.

The room we were given is quaint and perfect for a couple, I can't find fault with it even if I try. The soaps are all earth natural, the air con and sheets and pillows are all of a very high standard. The breakfast is hearty and well presented, and has a great selection suitable to everyone's taste.
We met the owner joy who is very welcoming and all the staff especially the receptionist Pink, have been genuinely friendly and extremely helpful with all our queries.

The highlight of our 3 day stay here, which is sadly over tomorrow, was our day out at the Elephant Nature Park (ENP). We were so impressed with the ethical treatment of the elephants and rescue dog sanctuary, we have not stopped thinking about the great work they are doing for elephants that have suffered or been mistreated. I would thoroughly recommend this place to anyone who wants to avoid seeing any maltreatment or riding of Thai elephants, and just see them in their natural surroundings.

My partner and I travel around Asia all the time, and we feel we have found a little tropical resort home away from home in the middle of the city of chiang mai.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs on the second floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Loved the large one bedroom. We were there for the most busy weekend, Yi Peng fastival. The whole place was booked but they still upgraded us from one bedroom to family suite at the third floor, because I was afraid of Mosquitos, based on the reviews, and requested it to have up stairs. The whole weekend only got bit when I was laying by the pool. The room was very clean. Huge private terrace was a big plus! Great complimentary breakfast.
About 10 to 15 minutes walk to the night bazaar. 10 minutes walk to the river which is where every one releasing the floating lanterns.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vincewang
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel is located 10 minutes walk from the center of the city of Chiang Mai, first time in my life that I have a room of 110 m2 !
Only 18 rooms, very personal service, excellent breakfast and very helpful people, extremely clean, good swimmingpool

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clementineWavre
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

It's more like being home instead of staying a resort. Staffs there were passion and help us a lot. Rooms are clean and quite big.
Though the location is not at the center of Chiang Mai, you'll need to walk at least 5 mins to Night Bazaar. Nevertheless, still a cool option for group of people to stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Took my parents and grandma to Chiangmai in April and stayed in this resort for 4 nights. This place amazed us. It's a 2 bedroom suite, both bedrooms and bathrooms very spacious, beds are comfortable. Big living room, I asked for the one on ground floor with the swing on the balcony where u could sit there and embrace the greens. My dad could not stop taking photos the second we stepped in the hotel. Breakkie was included, u can order whatever on the menu, they also offer couple of dishes each day that are not on the menu.
Location wise, a little bit out of the old town. You need to get a song-teo to get into town, which was quite convenient as well. Hotel provide free shuttle to the night market near the river, to and from airport/train station as well. Very close to chiang mai railway station. There is a cafe right next to the entrance (run by the hotel probably), the girl working there was cute and always smile. Staff at reception are all very nice.
Overall highly recommend, not one of those typical "hotels" you would stay in other places. This is beautiful oasis indeed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ClareZzzzz
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The tropical garden is really something you need to see, feel and smell.
It is not just beautiful, but pleases all your senses, gives a private feeling to all the rooms all you can see from the large window is green, pink, red and orange colors.
The owner is a very inspiring businesswomen. When asked how she stay so young and beautiful, her answer was that "you will achieve if you have strong enough a will, you can be beautiful or successful or whatever you like". Wow.

Room Tip: All rooms can be nice, but I think if you want to have be private and be surrounded by greens, choos...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family