“Nasty staff in the desk!”

Sakorn Residence & Hotel
Ranked #47 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Roma
“Nasty staff in the desk!”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The room is just perfect!Large cleen oll confort,nice swimmingpool,good breakfast witg gentle service....But the 2 woman in the desk that should give information and wellcomme are very akind laud voice agressive...they sould not do this job!And still I have to undestand way they wok me up at midnight!No apologise of course!

Room Tip: On the swimmingpooll very good
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Fausta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The rooms here are of a very high standard. They are large and well furnished with comfortable beds. Bathrooms are also excellent. Extremely clean and well kept. The staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good with limited choice and prompt service. The coffee shop was worth a visit. Position is slightly out of the centre but in a good area and very quiet. Riverside restaurants are only a 5 minute walk away and another 10 minutes gets you to the night market. The Hinlay Curry House next door is great value with good, but not authentic, food.

Room Tip: Long stay guests can get special rates for rooms and apartments.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jot54
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The entire staff is extremely pleasant and go the extra miles to help their guests. The rooms are very clean, comfortable beds, excellent lighting for reading or doing work at the desk. I was more than pleased at how clean the bath room was and able to take nice long shower without running out of hot water! This gets an A+ in my book. The pool is small but water is crystal clear, well maintained. A small gym is located on the ground floor with all items working properly. A small but pleasant Restaurant is on the premises with good food. The Hotel is in
great location for visits to Night Bazaar, US Consulate and many nice Pubs & Restaurants! You won't be disappointed if you chose this hotel!

Room Tip: If your not satisfied with your room I'm sure the staff will be more than happy to do anything...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SiamCobra
San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We spent 7 nights at Sakorn Residence and we definitively recommend it to everybody.
It is out from the night market area but close enought to arrive there walking 10-15 minutes or by tuktuk for a few baths. Closed to the hotel, in the riverside, are a lot of nice restaurants and bars to have dinner, just 2 minutes walking.
The hotel is beautiful from outside, with a nice garden and a cute swimmingpool. The people working there are really nice and helpful. We had a problem during our stay in Chiang Mai as I broke my left arm and they helped us a lot.
The rooms are really big and confortable (we staied at 3 different rooms so we compared them :) ), specially the suite room, which is amazing!!
The breakfast is served in the terrace near the pool, with a lot of different options.
There is also a coffe bar in the garden with a delicious coffe and cakes!!
If we come back to Chiang Mai we will repeat in the Sakorn residence!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are big and confortable!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank itziiii
harrow uk
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Stayed here before and was impressed again by the quality of the accommodatonb and the service.
Staff very good, rooms a great size and always ample hot water.
Breakfast sometimes can be a bit samey! You notce this if you stay for more than a few days?
Pool small - but have always managed to get a sunbed!
Locaton is the best in Chiang Mai in my opinon. Just off the Riverside were there are good restaurants to be found. Worarot Market is a 10 minute walk away and the Night Bazaar 15 minute walk or 5 in a tuk tuk.
There is a great little massage place across the road and a the best Indian food is just next door!
Construction noise was minimal and certanly didn't spoil my holiday.
On last day the staff delivered our enormous amount of collective luggage to the airport for no charge - thats what I call good service!

Room Tip: I have had rooms at the fron and back and in terms of quality there is no difference
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Netherlands
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The main trigger for me to write a review are two other reviews I see here.

in reply to construction noise:
We stayed here 6 days in November and we were not bothered by the construction noises. Yes there was a construction site near but we never heard any sound in our room (which was close to the construction site). We could hear the construction noises when we were at breakfast or at the pool and yes this may be less 'relaxing'. This would have bothered me if this was a spa/beach resort, but as it is a city hotel, it didnt bother me at all.

in reply to hidden service charges:
This older review scared me a bit. During our stay we had the room cleaned every day, used the internet PC, asked staff to call taxi's, asked staff for advice, etc. etc. When we recieved our bill we only paid what we booked (through booking.com) and not one cent more. So no (hidden) chardges whatsoever in our case.

I think everything else has alrady been said: very good value, big rooms, free internet pc and wifi, friendly staff, etc. The location could be better but this didnt bother us. There are very nice restaurants very close (walking distance) and its safe to walk at night. Besides this there are tuk tuks everywhere to take a cheap ride back to the hotel.

If i had to name one point of improvement it would be the breakfast. It was fine really, but just a bit more variety would be nice. The solution is to as the staff for directions to 'bake&bites' where you can have a very good breakfast!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marijnn
Bangkok,
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Based on TripAdvisor's review of this hotel, I booked it and was immediately smitten with its 'boutique' feel, great cleanliness and calmness. It is "new" in feeling with a tiny and modern gym attached to it.

Those constitute the positives.

The negative is that the hotel employee that took my reservation (Khun Apple) didn't tell me that not 20m away was a construction site for a competing hotel. As my trip to Chiang Mai was for R & R, hearing from 8AM-5PM the cutting of floor tile and concrete -- well, that wasn't relaxing to me.

I took this up with the owner's daughter who said the competing hotel was behind on its construction schedule and hoped to be finished by mid-December. I would STRONGLY SUGGEST that if you plan to stay at this otherwise fine hotel, you get an honest answer as to when the construction actually finishes.

The only other negative (small in my book) is that the hotel isn't located in the center of Chiang Mai and is on the other side of the river. Had it not been for not informing me about the construction noise, I'd rate this negative lightly.

Room Tip: Stay away from the construction site and pin down with the management when that construction actuall...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo