“Really glad we found this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dreamhouse

Dreamhouse
Ranked #119 of 710 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Really glad we found this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We planned to spend 5 nights here, but ended up staying a fortnight. Friendly staff, beautiful rooms and great value all added to the experience. We had a few problems with our first room,. and they didn't hesitate to move us to another room where everything was fine. Would definately stay again if we were back in town.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Island of Malta, Malta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

On first checking in to Dream House I was really pleased with the room (444) and the guy at the front desk was very friendly. My room was clean and comfortable. I was told that there was hot water, but I never got it to work so ended up having cold showers (it didn't bother me that much, so I didn't ask them to fix it).

The air conditioning was very weak and I'm not sure it made much difference to the temperature of the room, I was woken up on several mornings to the sound of it dripping water onto the table below. I was also woken up to the sound of puppies (i think from the hotel behind dream house) barking and crying most mornings.
Honestly though, it didn't bother me enough to complain or ask to be moved.
Two days before I was due to check out I spoke to the guy at the front desk to tell him that I would be checking out at 6am (obviously earlier than normal). I then reminded him of my 6am check out the night before and asked him to help me organise a tuk tuk to take me to the airport, he told me he would...but when I woke up the reception area was dark and there was no one to check me out or return the deposit I gave for the room key. I looked for someone, I shouted and knocked on the door but no one came, there was also no tuk tuk waiting for me! After 15 mins waiting I just left the key on the front desk and had to walk to find a taxi myself...without my key deposit or having officially checked out, as I was afraid I would get to the airport late. I felt very disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The best thing about my stay at Dream House was the helpful service from the lady that ran the guest house, she helped us rent motorcycles, made recommendations for day trips and booked our bus tickets back to Bangkok. With it being quite a small guest house you get a much more personal service. The location is great as it is within the city walls and really close to the travellers' bars.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Siem Reap, Cambodia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

The first impressions of this place were great, the rooms are really nice. They do get a fair few mozzys here compared to a lot of the other places we stayed at in Chiang Mai. Depending on which staff member you speak to they range from friendly and helpful to still friendly but not so helpful. Location is pretty good, however this is not a place to meet new people, there is no vibe here. We couldn't sit in the downstairs area due to there being lots of mozzys again. Fairly expensive in comparison to what you can get else where on the same street, Pleasant enough though.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Pai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

If you come to Chiang Mai you are bound to here it. That phrase. " I was only going to stay in Chiang Mai a week, but here I am X months/years later". I am one of those very fortunate people. The unknown, un describable magnetic force of Chiang Mai has kept me here for 5 months and counting. I'm sure that, in no small part, my stay at Dream House contributed to the love of this place. I stayed at the guesthouse for three months and was made to feel like part of the family from day one. It's in the old town and is ideally situated for fresh fruit and vegetable markets, the Sunday market, fabulous bakeries and coffee houses, foot massages by the barrow load, and even the night market and Muay Thai stadium is walkable if walking is your thing - 20 minutes. The guesthouse is unique - step inside and you'll immediately know what I mean. It only has four rooms so it feels very private. Don't be fooled though. The rooms are big and clean with hot shower, wifi and a fridge. Everything you need. Fresh drinking water is on tap and it's free. It's also a one stop shop. Waew, the manager, speaks excellent English and can help you with just about anything - yes really. She is a mine of information and can give you some great insights into the best tours in town.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Louise W
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a great place to stay. The rooms are fantastic and the staff are so helpful. The woman who runs the place went out of her way to help us arrange an elephant sanctuary trip. I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jinkiesfurry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

My friends and I arrived at the dreamhouse by chance. It just happened to be near a buddhist temple we were taking pictures of and decided to take a look. We ended up staying 5 nights and it was incredible! The rooms were spacious, clean, and the staff are some of the most helpful people i met my whole time in Thailand. The lady who owns this place is a gem and will go to the ends of the earth to help you. If you are looking for the best bang for your buck in Thailand this is it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
#9 of 710 in Chiang Mai
BED Changkian Hotel
BED Changkian Hotel
#11 of 710 in Chiang Mai

Been to Dreamhouse? Share your experiences!