“Nice rooms, basic service, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ratchaphruek Hotel

Ratchaphruek Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chiang Mai
Ratchaphruek Hotel
Ranked #221 of 375 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice rooms, basic service, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Ratchaphruek 2007 Hotel is great if you want to do some trekking in the Doi Inthanon national park.

The rooms are nice, mine was a comfortable twin bed room with a bathroom w/ shower and bath tub.

This is a low-staffed hotel with only a breakfast restaurant, so you'd want to make your own dinner arrangements.

If you're having a party they can cater for that as well, as long as you contact them in advance.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cod66

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

After having done the Mae Hong Son loop, from Chiang Mai via Highway 107 and 1095, then back via Highway 108, I needed somewhere to stop before going to Doi Inthanon the next morning. I had turned onto Highway 1009 with the intention of finding a hotel somwehere. At first I found a nice looking place set in a bit of a tropical setting, but I found their prices to be inflated and their beds dirty and containing bedbugs! So I continued on Highway 1009 and found the Ratchaphruek 2007 Hotel on the right hand side. At first I wasn't sure that it was a hotel as it didn't really have any English writing, but at reception I was greeted by a very friendly young lady who had spent time in Canada and knew English well.
The hotel itself isn't really suitable for a stay in Chiang Mai city itself, as it is in the small town of Chom Thong, which is about 55 kilometres from Chiang Mai. Nevertheless for my purposes it was perfect. Doi Inthanon is up the road.
The superior room which I took for 450THB was new and clean, with the usual 3 star amenities. There was a restaurant attached to the hotel, as was car parking. A Thai Breakfast was also included in the room rate (finally somewhere that doesn't give me imitation bacon with eggs but a more traditional breakfast from the country I am visiting!). The grounds were generally well kept, and I was really quite impressed by this hotel. It's not a 5 star place, but it did the job and I thought it did it quite well.
This hotel is the type that is aimed at Thai travellers, due to the lack of English signage, but I was made to feel welcome, and menus were available in English. I basically got a good hotel for a normal Thai price.

• Stayed November 2009