“Use caution when booking with this company”

Chiang Mai Adventure Tour
Ranked #135 of 255 Tours in Chiang Mai
London, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Use caution when booking with this company”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We used this company for two things, accommodation at their Eco resort, which was very clean and we enjoyed talking with Petchara, she let me cook with her, and we had a good chat about Buddhism. A nice walk around the village, I would recommend. The negative comment was the northern tour. We saw the elephants, lotus farm, ok, not really my thing, elephant farm just too busy. I worry that the elephants were being overworked, so many riders. We then travelled to Maesai, a town close to the Burmese border. This is where everything went bad. Panon, the owner of tour company booked us into a terrible place. The guide paid for our room, I wanted to check it and did. The room had an door, was quite run down, but I thought we could handle this. So we checked in. Then upon further checking, my husband noticed now dirty the sheets were, and the hairs on the bed. Ok, that was it, we paid a lot of money for this two day private tour, we were not staying. Tried to get our money back from the hotel, as the guide told me if you want another place you have to pay for it as per Panon. We ended up getting money back, as we asked to speak with manager, it was not a pleasant experience. Then, Panon found us another room, not much better, it a little cleaner. Just make sure before you book with them, you check out where you are staying. Because his usual hotel was booked, he put us in the dump hotel. A good tour company, should make sure their clients have a clean place to stay. The guide was good, and seemed to try to ensure we were ok. I would not book a tour with this company

Visited January 2014
3 Thank mlou55

Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great tour guide”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

This is an amazing company we had 3 days of personal service from here and they were the highlight of our trip.
they make suggestions but tailor everything to your personal requirements with their expert knowledge. They are caring and passionate to ensure you are happy and get the most from your time.the vehicles are spotless and comfortable and they kept us refreshed with chilled water throughout the day.we had a driver and tour guide and traveled air conditioned mini van and /or car. so it was lovely to have the luxury of comfort and safety.
we had Panom who was a retired monk for 2 days and he was fantastic, taking us to places off the tourist track these places you would never find yourself and are not offered by any tour operators.
it was truly a unique and wonderful experience and we learnt a lot about the culture,temples and monks because Panom had personal knowledge which he loved sharing with us.
we had lunch on our last day at his office (see picture ) they have an organic restaurant next door and prepare food from their own home grown ingredients which were absolutely wonderful.
Panom even made us a personal map of where we had been which we are going to frame to remind us of him and our adventures in Chang Mai.
Worth every Bhatt .
Thank you all for teaching us so many things and making our trip unique and memorable.
we are looking forward to you showing us Chang Rai next year Panom.

Just to add= there is another company with a similar name who have been confused with this one and the negative reviews are for them and not Panom so im adding the contact details to this review so there is no chance you get the wrong company .
I would highly recommend this company to make the most of your stay.
thaicultureholidays.com

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Awesome day out!”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Booked with this company for a day tour of atv (quad bike) riding and white water rafting. They picked us up from the hotel 10 minutes late, but as soon as we got in the van, everything was very organised! Once out of the metro area, they made a stop for fuel/toilet/snacks. They also threw in a bonus visit to a hill tribe :) both activities had a high emphasis on safety, teaching correct methods and chances to practice before hitting the more difficult terrain. Lunch was tasty, guides were friendly and good grasp on English too. Definitely recommend to anybody travelling in CM :)

3 Thank thegorbs
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Chiang Mai is amazing and the best tour guide”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I was lucky enough to find this wonderful company online, and Panon responded to my email enquiry of wanting to see and do certain things in Chiang Mai with suggestions of his own and we put together an itinerary for my family of four that included a mix of culture, adventure and fun without the touristy commercial overload. Panon picked us from the train station and looking after us for three memorable days where we saw the following temples - White Temple(Wat Rong Kun, Wat Pratart Doi Suthep and his own personal temple. We rode on elephants and oxcart and bamboo raft, he took us to a limestone waterfall which was incredible, the water was cool and clear and we could climb and relax and play and it was not full of other tourists so we were the only ones there. We went to see tigers and have our photos taken with them, we saw snakes and various insects and could also hold these if we felt inclined.

Panon is a wealth of knowledge and his English is superb!.

Thank you Panon and Petchera for making our trip unforgetable from the Ladani Family.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Krishan L
Bergamo, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful experience in Chaing Mai area with Mr. Bei!”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I visitied the North of Thailand and Chang Mai twice. The first time I was there, I had two escursions with Mr. Bei at elephant camp and bamboo rafting not so far from Chiang Mai. I also visited the most important and well-known Temple in Chiang Mai with Bei who has a lot of knowledge about Buddism and monk's life. I believe I could have visited alone Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, this is the name of the temple, but I can assure that if you want understand better the world around you, Bei is the best person.
The second time i visited Thailand, we decided with Bei the best option for a two days tour in the northest part of Thailand (Mae Sai) and Golden Triangle. I would say that they understood our needs and offered us a very added-value tour also far form the tourists tours. Very nice experiences in temples far from the normal itineraries. Beautiful experiences also in elephants camp.
Definitely, we would say that Mr. Bei (and his agency) is our favourite guide in Chiang Mai (also for the future!).

Visited July 2011