“Chiang Mai Adventure Tour Company”

Chiang Mai Adventure Tour
Ranked #139 of 258 Tours in Chiang Mai
U.S.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Chiang Mai Adventure Tour Company”
Reviewed 14 August 2010

There are hundreds of tour companies in Chiang Mai. Most offer the same selection of treks, elephant rides, river rafting. A few offer trips to ethnic villages.

I discussed a day trip with Petchara at Chiang Mai Adventure Tour Company, explaining what I most wanted was to visit ethnic villages. She suggested a tour, telling me "it's the tour for you." It included elephant riding and a short trek, she explained, but the main focus was the ethnic villages. This proved not to be the case. We spent about 30 minutes at a Karen Village where the women only wanted to sell us weavings. Later we saw one Hmong man selling trinkets.

It was a much harder day physically than I expected. I felt misled and cheated.

I would suggest avoiding this company and trying to find a more honest and reputable tour company among the many in Chiang Mai.

6 Thank rizadorojo