“Amazing service”
Review of Finlay's Cottage

Finlay's Cottage
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We just completed a 6 day stay here, we actually extended our stay twice.
Finlay's is very clean, and well maintained, rooms all have a/c, the bathroom and shower facilities are shared, but are all excellent condition.
They get you a deal on almost any tour, event or even taxi ride, best service we got on our trip.
The included Breakfast is Bacon eggs and toast, or Yogart, Musli, and fruit. But, her eggs are great and the toast is made from home made bread (I miss it already) and the bacon is Canadian Bacon (Delicious)!
There were so many other bonuses, but if I listed everything this would be a two page review.
Over all the best thing about Finlay's was people, they truly have your best interests in mind the whole time. We were greeted with a smile and every day. It felt more like staying at your favorite Aunt's house than at a guest house.
Thanks Finlay's!

Room Tip: Between rooms 2/3 there isn't much privacy in terms of noise between the two, you can hear each...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 June 2014

His place is the best! raitree and Keith are simply amazing and went out of there way for us. Breakfast was amazing, they do not take commission on any of the tours they book for you, anything you ask of them they will do. It is beyond perfect for the price. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Nice clean rooms with air conditioning (a must!) and plenty of very clean communal bathrooms. Ratree is lovely and helpful, often going out of he way to assist. Nice breakfasts and in a good, quiet location. Really excellent value!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed there last week during my stay at Chiang mai. The place is like a house, and it is really home like. The staff is very friendly and makes one feel very comfortable. The rooms are comfortable and The breakfast is nutritious and delicious. I can't think of why I wouldn't stay there on my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here with my friend for 2 nights, we tried to extend our stay but were so disappointed they were all booked up! Really great location, staff are so nice and rooms were great. Especially having a working ac. Great value, will book here if I'm ever back in chaing mai !

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Maddie-Stone
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great place to stay and meet people who you'd love to share a drink with.

I was here two years ago and came back here again this March. I'd come back again.

Breakfast is included and great. Plenty of communal bathrooms to use. The place is clean. The rooms are comfy with enough space to lay your stuff out and with bug zappers.

Good people running this place and good people gravitate and stay here.

Go get a massage at the nearby wat and have some good food and drinks at Friend's Shop across from there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Finlays from the 21st of March until the 28th. It came recommended to me by a friend whom stayed years ago, as well as highly rated here on trip adviser.
Let me say that Ratria and Keith are both friendly, helpful, and just wonderful people. They took care of me every chance they could.
Ratria felt like a friend towards the end of the trip- she is such a sweet human being and a real joy to be around. Plus- she makes some killer eggs and toast.
I was (like many people) worried about the communal bathrooms, but they are awesome. Very clean and the water gets hot. You still have a lot of privacy.
One of the main reasons Finlays is so great is location. It's a quick walk to the main center as well as the night market. You can walk everywhere and find your way around quite easily. The price for this location is really fair- I never needed a tuk tuk and would get lost wandering around, but somehow always found my way back.
The Wat on the corner of the street is amazing- with really cheap and good thai massages. Ask Ratria to take you there, my massage lady was amazing. Aht Lyn Ya (misspelled of course) is the lady you want.
The other reason Finlays is amazing is the people you will meet in the common area.... I met five people in my stay that all became really great friends. This place attracts great people. You are forced to interact which is good for solo travelers (like myself) so you can have some company when you want it.
I will definitely be back to Chiang Mai, and when I do Finlays will be the place I will be staying.
Thank you Keith and Ratria.... You made my experience wonderful.
I will send everyone here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo