“Best day of my life”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$47.36*
and up
Elephant's Heaven: Half-Day Elephant Experience at Baanchang Elephant Park in...
More Info
US$72.61*
and up
Elephant's Friend Day: Full-Day Elephant Experience at Baanchang Elephant Park...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Baanchang Elephant Park: Is dedicated to providing elephants with the highest quality-of-life possible.Our elephant park run by 100 % Thai Owner. Our Park completely owned and rescued 39 Elephants. The program will provide you the wonderful introductions to the lifestyle of Thai elephants including all details involved about them, also you can learn how to control and bath the elephants as if you are a Mahout. By the way, you will be able to ride elephants bareback through the hills around in our park area.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I am strongly against animal cruelty, which is why I chose to visit Baan Chang after reading all the positive reviews. All the elephants at this camp were rescued from places where they had to perform tricks and shows. You'll find happy elephants here that eat a ton of bananas and sugar cane, have enough exercise, and bathe several times a day. It was such an incredible experience to be a mahout for a day. If I had enough time, I would've availed the 3-day package! But a day is good enough for anyone.

If one of your travel goals is to ride or see elephants in Thailand, please do not support places that abuse elephants and force them to play soccer or do ridiculous tricks. Do your research and find elephant parks like Baan Chang.

1  Thank Dennise Lorrain... G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,882)

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We did a one day course at BaanChang Elephant Park in Chiang Mai and it was great. After pick up from the hotel it is a 45 min drive to the Elephant Park.
The dat starts with a brief introduction about the park and the elephants, after that you have the possibility to feed the animals.
Every elephant has its own Mahout, so you don't have to be afraid when you come close to the elephants. Then you'll learn how to get on the Elephant and make a short walk on them. Everything is done in a friendly and relaxed way. After the lunch you can sit on the back of the elephants and make a trip around the elephant park for about an hour. After the trip it is time to wash the elephants in the water.

We found it a great experience in a relaxing environment. The guide and the Mahouts were very friendly and we were able to ask them anything.
We surely recommend this Elephant Park!

1  Thank Jop M
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Me and my girlfiend went to Baan chang elephant park during April 2014. We had an amazing day. Started off with a pick up from out hotel which was on time. On arrival we got changed into the blue outfits (so the elephants recognise the difference between mahoot and tourist aparently!) We fed the elephants in the morning then learnt basic elephant riding control and commands. Then we where off out into the jungle for a few laps of the site. We rode the elephants down to the river where we washed them, before returning back to the centre for dinner and drinks.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

A wonderful experience to remember, our tour guide was Woody. My 3 year old daughter, and even my 6 month old son, seemed to enjoy themselves.

We rode the elephants, fed the elephants, and my 3 year old loved to bathe the elephants! The food was very accomodating for vegetarians, and even my 6 month old had an outfit to wear :)

A shame that we missed Pierce Brosnan the day before!

We are still talking about Thailand now in June 2014 and hope to be talking about it for years to come.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

As with most animal attractions in Asia there will always be mixed reviews or uncertainty of the treatment the animals receive.
I enjoyed the day and it was good to find out a bit more about the Park and elephants and to walk around with the elephants when you fed them. The elephants look happy and there is a lot of interaction with the trainers and animals. They are fed a lot of snacks due to the visitors but you see all their proper food coming in as well.
Washing the elephant was something I had wanted to do for sometime now so I really enjoyed this part. You are in the water with the elephant and it's something that you aren't likely to do again!
The elephant ride around the park was a great experience but this is where you can begin to wonder about the treatment as some of the guys that walked along seemed almost threatening towards the elephants at times and it really didn't seem necessary as it was due to things like the elephants not walking as fast as they wanted.
Overall a good visit.