“Fun hotel for something different!”

and 1 more site!
The Adventure Hotel
Ranked #427 of 717 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Fun hotel for something different!”
Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

We just checked out after staying two nights at this fun hotel. The rooms were great; clean, well-equipped, and a whole lot more fun than your standard hotel room. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room service was quite tasty and good value as well! Although the hotel is a bit out of the way, it's only about a 100 Baht tuktuk ride from/to the city centre. It's also vey convenient for getting to the airport. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking to 'get away' from reality a bit!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Thai first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights, and ended up staying one more because we loved it so much. We found out about this hotel online and had a hard time deciding which room to take. We ended up choosing the Jurassic Room which looks exactly as it does in the photos. It is a fun place to stay, GREAT for young kids or couples. The bed was comfortable and the washroom was spacious and comfortable. There is a nice restaurant located at the hotel, a little pricey but the food was good. My only complaint about the hotel is the location and the lack of tuks tuks that frequent the area. Often we had to ask a staff member to flag down a tuk tuk, and this could take anywhere from 10 min to half an hour. Despite the location I would definitely go back to the Adventure Hotel, there are many rooms to choose from, so choose wisely. You can also visit all the different rooms and see which one you like the best before making any decisions. Both my partner and I had a great time at this hotel and I am sure if you pick the Adventure Hotel you will too, after all, how many people do you know get to sleep in space?

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms before making a decision. If you cannot decide ask the staff if you can change...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Adventure hotel is a real gem. My partner and I stayed here in January 2012, having booked through Agoda (cheaper) and were given a pick of different rooms (we stayed in caravan, underwater, jurassic, and mirror rooms).

The concept is really clever, and the rooms are decked out fittingly. The complex is very big, and even the exterior has a theme park feel to it. The staff are extremely helpful- the manager even took us in his car to a local restaurant when we arrived late, and there's a free shuttle bus to and from the airport.

The rooms are very reasonably priced, though the hotel itself is perhaps a little far out; though this is understandable given the size of the hotel. It isn't too expensive to get a tuk tuk into town though. It's a shame, as this hotel could be an extremely popular tourist destination, however, when mentioning this to the manager he disregarded it a little and said he was trying to appeal to Thai business people from Bangkok (???!!!), when I think it'd be more suitable for families and couples with a sense of fun.

I had to give this place five stars from the novelty, the helpful and friendly staff, and its overall potential. You won't be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoadsIdontneedroads
Cambridge, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 February 2012

A cool idea - the whole place feels like your on a slightly dated movie compound - and the themed rooms are really interesting. We chose the 'caravan' theme and can recommend it. I can imagine it would be VERY cool if you had kids!

I would however only recommend it for the novelty of the rooms though: the location seemed a long way from much (at least 80B from the Old City which is quite a lot), the staff spoke very little English and the internet was pretty choppy.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jamiemoo
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I had visited there for my business trip nearly one week. The first thing I was surprised with the diffirent type of room and I enjoy changing to stay each night.

All the staffs were so friendly and good services. The most I like there was the restaurant because they cooked very very good food .

The hotel located near the airport and it was easy to arrive at the airport and the hotel offered free transportation.

However, I will stay there again , If I have a chance to go Chaingmai again.

Amy

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I came here with my wife and her family which includes our 6 year old niece and this place was perfect for her. All the rooms have an adventure theme like an undersea world or a Jurassic park suite. We stayed in the 3 bedroom Dinosaur suite and I have to say that even I felt a young at heart and had a wonderful stay in this place. My only complaints would be that there are no windows in the rooms and the beds aren’t the best.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bonk2665
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Chose The Adventure because of its themed rooms - guests were allowed choose preferred theme, and changed rooms daily, subject to availability. (We stayed at Bread & Butter, then Space) The hotel may not be so new, but overall it is clean. They offer free airport transfer.
After we checked in, they used a caddy to fetch us to our room. Nice gesture, as it was a hot afternoon, and we were tired from the flight.
Breakfast sets - you can choose from 3 options - American, Continental or Asian.
Reception staffs were friendly & quite helpful when we asked for tips about Chiang Mai's attractions.
Downside is the location - not near the city centre & quite a few tuk-tuks we flagged down didn't really know the place. Hence, it's hard to get to other places but the hotel does have a hotel taxi you can hire.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends