“The Best Cherry Pie I've Ever Had” 5 of 5 bubbles

Butter is Better Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 98 Dessert in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“The Best Cherry Pie I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I ordered biscuits and gravy, corned-beef hash, and cherry pie for breakfast this morning because every single thing coming out of the kitchen looked so good. I was not disappointed. Everything was homemade, and tasted like it. The gravy was the perfect consistency, and seasoned well. The biscuits were soft, light, and very fresh. The corned-beef has was great, and contained tons of shredded beef. The highlight of the meal, however, was the cherry pie. They're serious about baking at this restaurant, and it shows. I'm no stranger to pie, but this was better than any pie I've ever made or had anywhere. Perfect diner food in Chiang Mai - what a pleasant surprise!

• Korean first
Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand
“One of our favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We live in Chiang Mai and Butter is Better is one of the restaurants we quite frequently enjoy eating there. Breakfast and lunch! We have come with our family, as a couple, with friends, and meeting for business. This is one of the few places they have a good selection of gluten free foods, and are delicious! We have been coming since they opened, don't know how many years!

gold coast
“Excellent range of Gluten free options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My sister recently came to visit me while on a holiday in Chiang Mai.being coeliac made it very hard for her to eat out at any restaurants dud to the communication barrier and the lack of understanding of gluten free.
Not only was there a wide range of options available here but they also sold gluten free bread ,which was excellent .
The staff are very friendly and the restaurant very clean and decorated retro style.
Even tho this bakery restaurant is not in the central city area, it is certainly well worth the short tuk tuk ride to find quality food and gluten free options.

Barbirey-sur-Ouche, France
“typic us cooking and design”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

taking a lunch or a breakfast here is realy amazing becsuse of the old american feeling. All is tasty organic and homemade.

Don't forget to eat there before leaving chiang mai

1 Thank micot21
butterisbetter, Owner at Butter is Better Restaurant, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
I'm so glad you liked our restaurant. There's just one thing I should correct. While we do use some organic ingredients, most of our food is not organic. We would have to charge a lot more money if we did use only organic food. But we do cook everything the old fashioned way. No shortcuts. This is how my 89 year old American mother-in-law cooks. She is my guru.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I discovered this place on my lat two days in Chiangmai ,all the other days I tried out other places with higher ratings... I was rather disappointed by those and was glad I stumbled upon butter is better.. On entering I was greeted with a very warm lady she was the owner. The interiors were very retro like the old time diners, it had a charm of its own.. Place was packed with people and on entering the smell of fresh bread and eggs really got me hungry.. I tried chicken pot pie, benedict egg, pork on biscuit , fresh juice , pan cakes, on the last 2 days that I was there.. And all was absolutely delicious!!! A must try at least once, if not more.

2 Thank Cusum2003
Thank you for your kind words about my place and about me. I learned to make a lot of these foods from my mother-in-law. She's a great cook and a great baker. I hope you can come back to Chiang Mai and visit with us again.