“Good Value & Excellent location”
Review of Khum Phucome Hotel

Khum Phucome Hotel
Ranked #170 of 402 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is my second time using this hotel and I'm pretty happy with both of my stays. The rooms were spacious and clean , and the food from room service was great. They have Thai and northern thai food on request, which I like them very much.

It was close to doi suthep mountain - the famous tourist spot in Chiangmai , which I got a fantastic morning mountain view from my window.

It is also close to the airport and has a pick up service. My driver could speak basic English and he was able to recommend me places. The receptionists could speak English which convenient for foreigner like me and my family. I tried other smaller hotels in the city and it was impossible to communicate with the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with views , or rooms with higher floor if possible
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephen J

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I am staying here now for my backpacking trip around Thailand. This place has a unique northen style look with reasonable price for the rooms.

For me I just stayed at the cheapest single one, the room has every basic things i need like hair dryer, clean towers, nicely made bed and thats pretty much enough for me.

For a single traveller like me, good location is everything. This place is easy to get to places like jj market, shopping centres etc, around 15min to half an hour drive and the staff is happy to help you with how to call red trucks to travel around and stuff.

Advise from me? Hmmm you will be pretty happy to stay here if you wish to enjoy an authentic trip into the local Chiangmai. If you are very fussy and likes to complain a lot go for 5 stars one dun choose this one.

Cheers

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Cecelia1021
Reviewed 16 September 2013

looks nice at first sight, at second sight its pretty miserable. i was almost the only guest in a huge hotel buiding right next to a very scary looking abandoned apartment house. there are huge wooden figures everywhere that look interesting throughout the day and that would make kids run away at night when illuminated. pool was dirty, rooms were dirty, holes in the wall (sometimes poorly covered by crooked paintings), calbes stuck out of the wall, dirty sofa, dirty bed, every room (i saw two) was populated by entire battalions of mosquitos, the drains in the shower and the bath tub in both rooms was blocked, even in the newer one of the two hotel buildings the shower and the bath tub were quite moldy (more than usually in hotels), the towels smelled so bad that i rather used one tiny microfibre towel than using their towels, staff is rather lethargic and speaks barely english. the hotel is located right in the entry lane of the airport and a bit outside of chiang mai. i have left the hotel after the first night and was very happy to be out of there.
please note that what im writing about was not just "a bit" blocked / dirty / etc. it was quite massive so that this was the first and only hotel so far that i have left after the first night no matter whether i would get our money back or not.

Room Tip: go for a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Was there for a trip to Chiangmai with my girlfriend. Very unique appearance of the hotel.

I like the airport pick-up service, very convenient.

Friendly staff, clean rooms, good in general

We got their discount superior room for 1099 baht per night from a travel exhibition event in Bangkok. Suitable for a mid-income level young couple who looks for compy hotel with reasonable price. Better location and environment comparing to other similar hotels around in Chiangmai.

Room Tip: superior room or single Deluxe for young couples, reasonable price
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vincent W
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The hotel was very nice. The staffs were very friendly and helpful to me. I was very impressed by how the receptionist tried to help me organise my trip around Chiangmai. The room i chose was Deluxe - it was pretty spacious and clean. I was very lucky to get the mountain view. The location was also excellent - it was close to Nimmanhemin road ( lots of good restaurant there) as well Chiangmai University, which is another food area.

Overall, i would recommend this place to Thais and International travellers!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with mountain view or pool view. Bring your swimming suit to enjoy their salt pool in...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Maggie L
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Travelling with three kids and my niece I spent a fait bit of time online attempting to find a decent two bedroom hotel in a reasonable location and was surprised at how hard it was. In the end there was not much to chose from (unless you wanted to spend 10,000 baht per night) so I reluctantly booked for two nights at the Khum Phucome Hotel.

We organised a van to pick us up at the airport for 350 baht and this went very smoothly. Check in was also smooth and we were shown to our room. Now for 4,000 baht ($130) I was not expecting the ritz and at first glance we were all pleasantly surprised.

However as our two day trip continued I began to think less and less of the place. Thread bare curtains meant kids woke up way too early. Boomerang beds meant my sleep was not too good. My 1 year old got bitten in his sleep by something causing one eye to completely close over - just perfect before our international flight home. The most annoying and strangest thing though was the lack of Kitchen equipment. There was a full sized kitchen there but you couldn't use it.

No plates or cups or a kettle or a microwave - nothing! We called reception and they provided us with a kettle. I then had to figure out a way to warm up my sonds bottle of milk and thankfully discovered a vase with fake flowers in the bathroom which I filled up with hot water (after removing the flowers) and plonked the bottle in that to warm itself.

The hotel itself was almost a little spooky. The place was completely empty during the day time and early evening. We appeared to be the only guests in our entire five story block. Late at night the place must fill up because walking to breakfast the next morning there were a few tour buses in the car park and about 50 people hogging into the buffet. While nothing to write home about the buffet did the job for us.

On the second day I took the kids for a swim and once again we were the only people around. The pool bar was closed and to my wifes disappointment the massage shop was also closed.

Over all the hotel did the job but I doubt very much we would stay there again. The lack of cooking facilities, boomerang beds and thread bare curtains caused too many problems for us to really relax. The location was also a pain but that is my own fault as I knew that when I booked.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We checked in New Years Eve and we had a family suite booked we were told they had upgraded us to 2 executive style rooms and the 2 rooms could be connected. They were nice rooms but as we were taken to our room we passed a lot of old mattresses in the hall way. They looked terrible very soiled so that did cause us some concern, but or room was very nicely furnished, I do not know why it took them 2 days to get rid of the mattresses from the hallway. Also if you wanted ice we had to ask for room service we were told at the front desk it was free when we received it we had to pay 40bhat. The morning buffet breakfast were excellent, the manager at the front desk was very helpful and all the staff very accommodating, one thing if anything stood was the help lack direction, they were very young so I am sure they were all learning. We stayed 4 nights and overall very pleased. They should also have a lot more lounge chairs for around the pool, as they had very few. Would we stay there again yes we would!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family