“Mid range room for budget price.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jonadda Guest House
Ranked #141 of 732 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
“Mid range room for budget price.”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed for 4 nights here and had a very pleasant stay. The room was large, clean, bright and with possibly the best shower we have had in over 6 months of traveling.

The location is about 7 mins walk from Sunday walking market (a must if you visit chiang Mai and round the corner from the market were it seems all the cooking classes seeto go. Result was inflated prices but plenty of choice for food.

The lady owner was very pleasant and helpful with our many questions although it seems to be company policy to push any and every tour they have. Not uncommon in other places so I've heard so not surprised.

Anyway, our room cost 400 baht and was good value for that money. Saw a couple of rooms in the surrounding area and they were nothing compared to this. Very interesting story of how they managed to build the place, just read it at the back of the menu.

Food was good and drinks not bad as well. All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank LeprechaunLarry

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Found this guest house to be good value for money.

It is owned by an Australian man and his wife who were very friendly and helpful. They both speak good English and gave good advice on tours, trains and buses etc. Though this guest house was slightly more expensive than others in the area it was clean and well presented and the tips and advice from the owners would have saved me money.
I really appreciated that the people here were helpful without being pushy at all.

Had a single room, these have your own bathroom with a decent hot water shower. No t.v or air-con which some people may not like, there is a fan, though that doesn't do a lot to cool the room.

Good location, in a quieter part of town but only 2 minutes walk from the main streets.

There are small security lockers available to guests that fit wallets, small purses and cameras. B.Y.O padlock.
They will also store your suitcase/backpack for you while you are away on tours/treks.

Great value and great tasting breakfasts available. Lunch and dinner also available but I didn't try these so can't comment on that.

Felt very secure there as they employ a night time security guard.

Free internet available. This was quite a slow connection. There were many cheap internet cafe's nearby with faster internet.

Laundry service was available and well priced.

There were plenty of travel guides and tour information plus a book swap in the reception area.

The place is 4 storeys high with no rooms on the ground floor, so you will need to walk up at least 1 flight of stairs to get to your room.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank KiwiTrace
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I had a terrible experience with this guest house. I made a call to the guest house and made a booking. When I asked for my booking reference, she told me that just come over that day and mention you name will do. On the day before my trip, I emailed and double check other stuffs like tour packages provided by the guest house. The owner replied with the tour packages info, but not on my room availability!

On the day I traveled to Chiang Mai, I did mentioned my name to the lobby staff. To my surprised, she told me that, "Yea, I remember you. But our guest didnt check out and we have no room for you now". I was so pissed off with their service. They didnt even bother to call me/ email me regarding the room availability (after she confirmed my booking)!!

It was the most terrible experience I ever had.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jacquelinefmy
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I stayed in Chiang Mai for about 6-7 nights. This guesthouse is located in the walls of the old town. Which is a quiet enough area. It is near the night market and close to a few restaurants and pubs. Not tacky like some places out of the walls.
This guest house was very bright and airy and very clean. I paid very little for my room and it was a really large room. The owners are very involved and very friendly with some very attentive staff who are always ready for a chat if wanted but not intrusive at all. I did the cooking course that was recommended to me by this guest house at The Farm, which I really enjoyed and am still using the recipes, it was set in a beautiful area.
The only downsides of the guest house was no Wifi. But to be honest within two mins there are lots of nice comfortable bars with free wifi. So this really wasnt an issue. The room was so spacious this was a real treat as i could unpack my backpack properly.
The guest house then booked my package trip to luang prabang on the slow boat which i highly recommend. The package was great value and well done.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo