Changmoi House (Little Village)
US$209
US$170
Hotels.com
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$156
US$55
US$44
US$186
US$43
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$33
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2013

One of the 2 rooms we booked was damp and dark, when we told the manager we didn't want it he insisted that we had booked it and therefore were on the hook for paying for it the whole 4 days, even though he found some one else to pay for the room the whole time we were there!. After a gentle argument and calling in the owner of the place they did relent and not charge us for the other room.

There is a laundry next door and they start work at 6 am! Ok if you are an early riser but not so great if you want to sleep in.

900 Baht was a bit over priced for the quality of the room, the lady who makes breakfast is nice and helpful. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CanadaMama111
LiuLong, Manager at Changmoi House (Little Village), responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Now we already build the new room

Reviewed 19 December 2012

I stayed here early in 2012 and then returned for 2 separate stays in late November early December. The new building is finished and I managed a stay in two of the new rooms. I am biased towards CMH as I think it is a lovely, relaxed, convenient place to stay. My rooms were large (for the single traveller), clean, cool and comfortable. Everyone is friendly and helpful in a relaxed manner. If you need something or are not happy with something - just ask. At night if you climb the steep stairs to the laundry area you have a beautiful calm view. Do (not sure that is spelt correctly), at reception, is helpful and I organised my cooking class through him. There is a new cat in residence - Pang Pang. CMH always attracts the glances of the passer bys - I'll be returning on my next trip.

Room Tip: rooms in the new building
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank rusthomco
LiuLong, ผู้จัดการ at Changmoi House (Little Village), responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Thank you very much for your comment and stay with us. We will share your comment to our staff. We welcome you to stay at Changmoi House for your vacation again. You will feel stay at home.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Stayed here for four nights in December 2012, peak season in Thailand.

The room and service that we received were good without being exceptional. It was essentially as we were expecting considering the reviews that we had read and the amout that we were paying. The room was clean, had a decent sized bed and enough room that we never felt cramped at all - it also has an little private outside bit which was useful for spraying sun-tan lotion etc.

Most importantly, this accomodation is ideally located for a trip to Chiang Mai, easily in walking distance (5-10 minutes) of the main gate to the old town and the various attractions and restaurants that we wanted to visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank twdwood
Reviewed 9 November 2012

The location of this charming guesthouse couldn't be better -- it is one block to Thapae Gate and all the great places to eat, shop, and stroll. I only used public transit once to get to the guesthouse. There is a lovely tree that is flowering now when you arrive, it feels homey with a cozy coffee patio and small restaurant. Nice mattress, clean, and large room with private patio.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely so you can't go wrong. AC unit was fine - no noise. Great experience.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Marybart
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Desk attendant insisted I didn't have reservation when I arrived, although I'd paid through Agoda. They gave me nice room at first, then tried moving me to small, ugly room (watch out for room 7!) for same price. Had to ask for toilet paper and water. Opened refrigerator in my room--it was broken and contained a fermented coffee which made room smell awful. I put it in garbage, and it was still there after they cleaned room the next day. Although breakfast was theoretically included in my room, I was not offered menu, or told about it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank frances b
ChangmoiHouseAdmin, Owner at Changmoi House (Little Village), responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Sorry for the problem. Now room no.7 has been updated and i tell my staff to carefully cleaning the room. Thank for your suggestion.