“Nice apartment (condominium) in central Chiang...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 92 reviews

Reviews from our community

Louis V
Nieuwkoop, The Netherlands
“Nice apartment (condominium) in central Chiang Mai, very affordable”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

I had a good time staying here. I stayed here for a month so had plenty time to look around. The building is located a few km from the old town but it is easy to get there. The night bazaar is on the same road as the condo. I had rented a motorbike to get around. Plenty parking is available around the building. There are always staff in the lobby 24 hours to assist you and the building is secure.
The apartment itself is not brand new but all necessary things are good and working, like TV set, fridge and aircon.
Contact with the owners was good and you can call them if you have any issues.
If you stay for a month you get a very good rate and at the end of your stay you pay for the electricity and water. In my case it was less then 1000 Baht for a month. Roon cleaning can be arranged as you wish @300 baht per time.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great value for money when staying for a month
Liked least: The kitchen is small but it worked
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Jonathan...
Gibsons, Canada
“Nice Condo, Dreadful Location”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed in unit #1410 for one month. The 90 sm unit is nicely designed: good bedroom, adequate closet space, big shower room, small competent kitchen, pleasant living/dining area, narrow but usable balcony. Furnishings were adequate, but without genuinely comfortable seating. The rent for a one month stay excludes breakfasts and (for us) electricity (B1,175) water (B30) and cleaning/linen replacement (B1,200). The unit faced south with a dual carriageway off to the right and a main road to the left.

The building itself is managed by one company. Wanwisa controls a number of units in the building that are managed independently, all of our dealings were with her partner Eric.

Minor requests, extra towels, replacement kitchen utensils, installation of a shower caddy, etc were promptly attended to. There were some other issues that affected our tenancy which were not addressed: many dead halogen puck lights which reduced visibility in key areas, a kitchen eating area that was unusable because of a broken stool and a counter near collapse.

The external heat exchanger units for both air conditioners (and those of the next unit) are located on the balcony section of the wall that divides the two units in way of the bedroom (bed head location).

WIFI is supplied through the building management. There are two providers. Neither are much good, both suffer from upstream overload and signal strength.

The location is awful. The dual carriageway traffic is a constant hum punctuated by high powered motorcycles. The girlie bars at the end soi on Chiang Klan Road crank out music until 0300 or later. There is a restaurant on the corner of the next soi that hosts aspiring and heavily-amplified musicians from about 1900 through to at least 0230.

Every house in the neighbourhood to the south seems to own a dog and many have several. They bark at everything that moves and they howl in unison at frequent intervals throughout the night. Going for a walk in the neighbourhood involves encounters with numerous of these dogs, some of which have been identified as dangerous with caution signs posted.

Getting a good night's sleep was almost impossible. Facing south meant the unit was hot. Shutting the windows and running the a/c involved excessive and unacceptable noise. Opening the windows let in the music and dog noises throughout the night. The best solution was opening the windows, running the ceiling fan in the bedroom (for white noise), and using ear plugs and sleeping pills. Yuk.

Tuktuks and songthews are available outside the Park Hotel, they charge about 50% more on average than the units you can flag down at the corner.

There are some reasonable restaurants within easy walking distance: Green Fox, Sisters, Baanrimnam, Shaw Lae. The Chiangmailand village has a great swimming pool that is open to the public for B60.

Liked best: Nice layout
Liked least: Location
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
doumdoum1...
Quebec City, Canada
“Experience can differ greatly from one room to the next”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

I had the room 1018 for about two months and all I can say is the experience I had was good, not nearly perfect but good enough that I would go back.

I have to say though that if I had some of the other rooms there, I would have left after the first night. Why? There is an extremely loud night club "karaoke style" ( which is a nice way to say prostitutes bar ) that goes on from 23h00 to whenever they feel like going to bed ( sometimes 4h00 a.m. ) 3-4 days a week, about 50 meters from the complex and if you have a room that faces or is near the club ( rooms from xx01 to xx14 I would say ), you will sleep when they feel like letting you.

The internet was another problem with this place. There is two distinct internet provider for which you can buy your internet access thru the reception. One that is advertised with big banners and a chart of the fees and the other one that you will know about only once you complained to the owner of your specific condo called "the old internet provider". The thing is : the one they advertise is super crappy and works at best 75% of the time and super super slowly 75% of that 75% since everybody is on this provider. When you complain, it's not their fault, they are not involved in the decision of bla bla bla ( I repeat that there is at least two banners and the fees in the lobby of the place... seems to me like they want to promote it to me ).

The furniture in my condo was outdated and you have to add 400-800 bahts a month to the price that is showed because it costs 200 bahts to have your room cleaned which you have to do because you can't send the sheets to the laundry yourself ( it is prohibited ). It made me wonder why I would give them my laundry to do if the owners of the condos don't want them to wash their sheets but, after I tried them with shirts and socks, they came back clean and in one piece so I used their services ( the laundry ) for all my stay and had no problem.

Last point, there can be ants sometimes and, if they are easy to get rid of, they come back every other week. The cleaning of the room was reaaaally basic. They never moped the floor, dust and whatever else was left under the bed indicating to me that they did not pass under it and they cleaned the dishes but left them to dry there sometimes with water left in the bowls and glasses.

Now that I told you what was wrong with the place, here is why I would return : I know what room to get or not get, and it is well placed. Sure, you'll take tuk tuks all the time but it is basically 60 bahts one way so 120 bahts a day to get somewhere and back.

It felt safe. Two locked doors, a safe in the room, I never feared leaving my things behind when I got out. The renter of my place was a great guy, very helpful and seemed to me like he was honest for the most part ( the internet thing bothered me though ).

I slept well 95% of the time and the restaurant on the ground floor was actually quite good and the price was really good too so that's always a good thing when it's pouring rain outside. The kitchen was well equipped and it was nice to be able to make myself a meal to my liking once in a while.

Finally, I thought the price was ok for what I got. could have been a little cheaper ( cleaning included for example specially if you don't want me to wash my sheets ) but it was still ok. I would go back there only if I had the certitude that my room would be at the back of the building and that the owner / renter of my specific unit was someone that lives there.

Liked best: the owner
Liked least: the internet
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Adventure...
Sydney
“NOT RECOMMENDED!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

this an honest review, which I think is an important tool a traveller uses to make a decision on accommodation. I use it regularly but found the reviews on this condo were greatly exaggerated, to the point of being a lie!!
I has to wait 2 days and one argument for a light in the bathroom, it took 7days from commencement of the lease to view the electricity meter...it seems i used 30% less throughout the rest of my stay...what a scam!! Cooking utensils were a disgrace, all melted! Don't believe the 'free' breakfast! Just hope nothing breaks down and u may have a reasonable stay. 45 min walk to old city and a good 35min to night bazaar. Lots of girlie bars, if u like that sort of thing.
When I go on holidays I don't expect to argue with management and reception, it taints the experience. I was classified as a difficult tenant and told by Eric, when I complained about the air con, that I would have to put up with the problem till the next day! When I was insistent on a new room his first response was "what do u want from a cheap hotel". Not what one wants to hear on holiday.... At the same time, it is NOT cheap in comparison to what is available in Chiang Mai. Do yrself a favour and search elsewhere and strongly suggest to have a fan in the room too! INSIST on viewing the electricity meter as it does get expensive and check the calculations... Funny how the error is in their favour mmmmm

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Kellyyysu...
Queensland
“Good for the price!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 for a stay in November 2012
people found this review helpful

We stayed in here for about 3 weeks last year, we really thought it was good value for money as we were aiming for a budget holiday! The apartment was nice and tidy. The bathroom in the smaller room was quite warn and had very low roofs when you were standing in the shower, bit of a hazard. We moved to a larger room which was very nice. If you are wanting a cheap place then its awesome but dont expect to have all the nice extras like room service, fresh towles and linen. It is about 20 min walk to central CM, the staff are fairly helpful but not great with english so that can be a little difficult.

conz640
Adelaide, Australia
“The staff were very friendly and helpful and the on site shop and laundry service were both convenient and very reasonab”
Reviewed 1 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

I wanted to do my own cooking. as i am not a big fan of Thai food. I found nearly all the fresh meat and seafood markets were close by. Staff were very friendly and helpful and our room was spotless when we arrived

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: close to centre of city, most taxi and tuk tuk drivers knew the location and fairly quiet in the evenings
Liked least: For what i paid for my 18 day stay, there is nothing to complain about
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
UK
Reviewed 17 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$19
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing