“average”

Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Piccola Roma Palace has been the first Italian restaurant in Chiang Mai (Thailand), founded in 1991 by an award winning Italian Chef, Angelo Faro. In 1991 Mr. Faro was nominated as 'Maitre de Table' of the prestigious 'Chaine des Rotisseurs' subsequently becoming'Grand Officer Maitre-Chef'.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Not the best italian and sad atmosphere, the restaurant is getting old, very old and no style. food is average.

4  Thank tiger2669
AngeloFaro, Owner at Piccola Roma Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

I'm so sorry you didn't enjoyed my food and the atmosphere at Piccola Roma. Maybe it's because I've opened this restaurant for 24 years now and the customers for more than 90% who comes to Piccola Roma enjoy my food and my services but I understand you're not so pleased in any restaurant or places you have been. (I saw it in your review distribution). Anyway, thank you very much for your reivew. I hope you have a nice trip in Chaing Mai.

There are newer reviews for Piccola Roma Palace

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Came here on the TripAdvisor recommendations, and boy did it not disappoint. The fresh pasta was sublime, big portions which was ideal, and friendly service from the waitresses and chef. Profiteroles for dessert were sublime also. I'd recommend the fettuccine meat ragu - it was delicious. We'll be returning for sure before the end of our trip. Who'd have thought one of the best Italians I have ever been to would be in northern Thailand!

1  Thank Augustuscalv

Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm very happy you enjoyed my food and had a good time at Piccola Roma. I hope you have a nice trip in Chiang Mai.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had read some good reviews on Tripadvisor and we decided to eat here. The envisonment inside the restaurant was friendly and comfortable. Every menu in this place has been prepared by a real Italian chef! The food was great and the chef was kind. We had an excellent dinner! If we visit Chiang Mai again, we will definitely go back to this place.

1  Thank LiewWei889

Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm very glad you had a good time at Piccola Roma and enjoyed my food. See you soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Another great night at Piccola Roma! As we were with group of 8 people we were luckily enough to try many of the mouthwatering dishes masterchef Angelo has to offer. The new Piccola Roma menu offers a wide variety of fresh imported seafood, home made pastas and organic vegetables straight of the land. This paired with a fine selection of hand picked wines from Angelo's cellar and the unique atmosphere created by the chef gives you night to remember and all of this against very reasonable prices for this kind of top quality. Well done Angelo, we will be back soon for sure!

1  Thank FvB_Bkk

Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm very happy you like my food and enjoyed everything in my restaurant. See you soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Wanted a break from our Thai food craze so we took an Italian detour for dinner on our third night. Fresh bruschetta & mozzarella cheese and some of the freshest pasta I've had (even considering my dining journey in Italy). The pasta portions are huge and the prices are a bit more expensive than your normal Thailand prices but so worth it. One extreme foodie to another, it's a must go.

1  Thank Lauren Y
AngeloFaro, Owner at Piccola Roma Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad you like my food and had a good time at Piccola Roma. I hope you have a nice trip in Chiang Mai.
Best Regards, Angelo Faro.