in the hyper-touristic Chiang Mai you can really find better places. despite the first impression can be very good, there are important things to underline:
1. the lower part is very dangerous, several people seriously damaged their skulls hitting the heads on the roof
2. the rules of the guesthouse do not allow to bring foreigners, with special accent to the thai girls
3. one of the 2 girls is not so friendly and always lazy to answer the questions of the tourists.
4. rooms are facing the road , and there is a pub in front, so not possible to sleep a lot both at night than in the morning
But to be honest they are very honest people, they reminded me the deposit the last day I was forgdtting, but I think it is not enough to give a positive reference to this structure
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chok Dee Guesthouse is located in the old city section of Chiang Mai. We are just down the street from Somphet Market and easy walking distance to Tae Pae Gate, Sunday Walking Street Market and many beautiful Wats. Our street is nice and quiet while still being in the heart of the Old City. Amenities include:*Free WiFi*Hot Shower*Single, Double and Dorm Rooms Available*Easy Booking of Activities: Cooking Classes, Motorbike rental, Trekking, Mini bus to Pai or Bangkok, Elephant Camp, Fishing Trips, and lots more*Garden Common Area with Seating to Relax*Restaurant serves: Coffee/Tea, Breakfast, Fruit Shakes, Seasonal Specials. Each room has:*Fan*Desk*Chair*Bed*Mirror*Power Outlet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your Chok Dee Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.