“nice hotel with helpful staff”
Review of Romena Grand Hotel

Romena Grand Hotel
Ranked #258 of 388 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 2 February 2013

The hotel seems new, with spacious and clean rooms. It's in a convenient location. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. I do agree with a previous post that the breakfast could be improved. The instant coffee was pretty bad. Other than that, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kristen t
There are newer reviews for Romena Grand Hotel

Reviewed 2 February 2013

We couldn't be happier with the location, cleanliness, value, staff, and services provided by them. I don't even think that most hotels in North America are this clean and the staff this polite. I m not sure exactly what the ppl w/ negative reviews based their scoring on but if I had to rate this hotel it would be a close 5 star hotel. I am in fact on my cell right now in the hotel room writing this, and I ve been To Bangkok's Asia Hotel, Phuket Towns Sino House (a beautiful must stay), Phi Phi Islands Phi Phi Hotel, and Chiang Mai s Parasol, and so far this beats them all in above attributes mentioned hands down. I ll be recommending this hotel to anyone!!!! If in doubt ask to see the rooms before hand. Your in the heart of all the action in the city, and because this treasure is somewhat hidden & easy to miss, its quiet from all the city noise. For $60 you cannot go wrong. PS go check out Mario's Italian dinner & steak just down the street and get any of their dishes. The bakery across the street Bannas bakery and get yourself the best croissants ever. Cheers!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank unicorn696
Reviewed 27 December 2012

A nice Hotel. Clean and well kept. They include breakfast but it is a joke. They provide nice service but cater to Muslim more than anything. If that offends you stay away. The poor breakfast is the worst thing. Everything else was well cared for and nicely done.

Room Tip: Forget the breakfast. Rice soup, veg soup toast and eggs sunny side up and thats it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike74554
Reviewed 24 November 2012

With the reasonable hotel rate we only expect a simple and clean hotel, but when we get there we found this hotel is just perfect to spend the holiday in Chiang Mai. The location is perfect, down town area, a step from saturday market. The room and facility is clean and even we get surprise where cute elephants welcoming us in the room. Warm and sincere service from the staff are really make us happy stay there. Overall this hotel is excellence.....strongly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eka128
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Overall I was happy with my stay and was only 1 of three guest for the entire hotel. The hotel was built very recently and that is why there are few reviews on the place. I was hesitant, but was happy with my choice. It's fairly close to many places and the staff was always trying to help me. There were only one person that spoke great English, but it did not cause any inconvenience. Overall I don't think you'll be unhappy with your choice and will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tripletravel
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I choose this hotel because it's new, clean, close to Saturday Market's street and so comfortable but it doesn't sensible with 1100b.
I have only 1 small suitcase. They only took me to the room but not help.
I request hairdryer (it's in the list) I got it in 1 hr!
Staff in the lobby overpass me when i check out but when the other family comes she comes to services to them!
If you think I'm a local people I'll not be back there, yes i am. And when my family or my friend come from BKK or oversea and they looking for some place in town. You knows the answer, right?

Room Tip: any rooms it's too quiet here
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duang M
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Good location just one minute walk south of the Chiangmai gate daily market and street food in evenings. Good restaurants serving western and Thai food across the street. Hotel has good breakfast every day and is spotlessly clean. The buildings are new condition and rooms are very large. Very quiet most nights during my 6 week stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have mountain views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo