“Greta place for backpackers” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Deejai Backpackers

Deejai Backpackers
Cork
“Greta place for backpackers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Ok so this wasn't the best place we stayed on our travels however we really did treat ourselves for a lot of it. But nevertheless would still return. We got a private dorm for four quite small but for what we were paying it was ideal! And we had our own bathroom and shower! We only had a fan in our room which I found annoying but the girls didn't mind it! The atmosphere was great In the hostel really laid back and funny signs all around the place! Lovely brekkie and lunch available too! I think we paid 120baht a night(however I could be wrong) I'd defo recommend to stay! The English guy who ran the hostel was cool too and even gave us a lift to the airport for 50baht ideal :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Medellin, Colombia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights.
The rooms are very simples and clean, but the common area and restaurant is the best of this Hostel.
The guy who runs this place all the time is doing his best to make sure everybody have a good time, he made a trip to the lake and we just paid the truck gas.. Was the best way to met a lot of people there.
The staff is really helpful, Thai girl on reception help me every time that i need arrange some bus ticket or tour.
The location is perfect.. Near to saturday and sunday night markets and from the shoppings malls.. It surrounded by couple of temples and its on the way to the mountain temple.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This hostel was recommended to me by friends I met while travelling. It's really cheap, 120 baht a night, and great value, also it is very clean! The hostel also owns a bar/ garden/ pool across the road which is very social and all the staff are brilliant with great English! Rob in the bar recommended a great camp for elephant trekking where all the elephants were well treated! For the value and atmosphere I'd definitely recommend it!

Stayed August 2014
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Deejai is a basic hostel with a good social area. The rooms are fairly clean but do not have air-con, and the Wi-Fi is only available in the reception. We stayed in the three person room for 2 nights. One major drawback is that the rooms do not lock properly and the lockers are far too small to fit all your valuable items in. Other than that Deejai met our expectations for the price. It is a great place to meet new people, especially other young backpackers.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

It had a nice social lounge area down bottom and the outside entrance way but the room left a lot to be desired. The powerpoint didn't have enough power to charger my phone, lights didnt work in the room, no toilet paper, toilet flush was very poor, no towels, windows didn't lock and swung open to anyone.
It was only a 1 night here on a stop though. But if it was longer I would have moved.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Pattaya
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

As far as backpackers go it's not one of the best I have stayed at.

Location - got a pretty big walk to most places. And moped or Tuk Tuk to anything good, on the road is no good places to eat or shops and the backpack Restutant is shockingly crap.

Rooms - I got a private room, size was ok but stank of mould and teenagers.

Staff - all they want is your money first. And there about as sociable as a door frame.

Cleanliness - ok

Overall won't stay here again value for money, there is better places.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Karl1744
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I chose this hostel for its social reputation and the fact that you could get a private room for under $20 a night. It delivered on both of those counts. I met lots of great people in the lobby who I was able to hang out with. Otherwise, it's fairly average. The bedspread was dirty, lots of bugs in the room since the doors aren't sealed, and the air conditioner dripped all night forcing me to abandon my hope of a night without ear plugs. There's a pool down the street but you have to pay 50 baht to use it unless you get a private room. The location isn't great, a little far removed from the markets, bars, and restaurants. Overall the place was adequate, if you're a young backpacker looking to meet people you'll probably be pleased.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo