“The best pizza I have had in my life!”
Review of Pizza e Vino - CLOSED

Pizza e Vino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stumbled upon Pizza e Vino at midnight one night in Chiang Mai looking for a late night snack. Although they were almost closing, the owner allowed us to stay and order a pizza. Thank goodness she did, because it was the best pizza I have ever had! The crust so thin, light and crunchy. The sauce actually tasting of fresh tomatoes. The pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, all delicious. We left so satisfied and could not stop talking about it. I told my husband that there are hundreds of restaurants in Chiang Mai and we cannot go to the same one twice. But eventually I gave in (it wasn't that hard to convince me) and we went back 2 days later. This time in addition to the pizza we also had a salmon lasagna and spinach cannaloni with tomato sauce. I couldn't belive it, but the pastas may have actually been better than the pizza! Most importantly, the owner is a lovely Italian woman who is obviously obscessed with the quality of her food. If you are in Chiang Mai and are in the mood for something other than Thai food, please just try Pizza e Vino. You will be happy you did!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Very good service and good Italian food. We decided to try Pizza e Vino after eating at the Korean restaurant next door. Both restaurants were good.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

This was a great little restaurant! The waitress (or perhaps she's the owner is Italian and was super friendly and helpful. The service was great, the food was fresh and tasty and prices very reasonable. When you get tired of Thai food, give this restaurant a try.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Had 10 inch margerhita pizza, chicken scallopini, prawn and zucchini pasta, 0.5 liter house red, beer and soda water. Convenient location with air conditioning. Would have preferred pasta a little more al dente.
(I mean a cooked a little less) that said I would definitely go back.
Sorry I forgot exactly how much it cost but it was around $25 Aussie dollars.

In order that you can make an informed decision you should know:
A) wife has worked as a chef in Italy. Making her a tough critic.
B)I am not a chef or hospitality professional.
C) this is the only Italian restaurant I have been to in Thailand..
D) we are not traveling on a tight backpacker budget.

Hope this helps.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Close the the Thapae Gate and Night Bizzare area this cosy, authentically Italian restaurant is well worth a visit.
You are made to feel very welcome by the owner and staff before being offered drinks and shown the menu, there are usually some fabulous specialities on offer daily as well.
The food is definately home cooked and the traditional Italian recipies and ingredients are delicious.
Definately recomend the house wine to accompany your meal, it is light and fruity and very easy to drink.
You will also get a very pleasant surprise when you get the bill as well, it is very fairly priced to suit everyones pocket.