de Rachamanka
  • Restaurant
Anodard Hotel(Chiang Mai)
Viangluang Resort(Chiang Mai)
  • Pool
Here Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
U Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
Sirilanna Hotel(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
Moon Dragon Hotel(Chiang Mai)
  • Breakfast included
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
All reviewsbreathing roomold cityroom was cleansunday night marketwalking distancebreakfast includedhotel restaurantquiet locationchang maihot waterfigateasiabangkok
Reviewed 27 May 2013

If you love real Lanna decoration, you will love this hotel. They are good decoration with Lanna style. Also nice facilities such as library, private museum, swimming pool, outlet. They are located in the old town side. You can walk to Sunday night market from the hostel just 15 minutes. You will find a lot of street food there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We stayed here last year in July of 2012 for summer vacation on our trip to Chiang Mai. There were absolutely no problems or anything to complain about during our 4 night stay here. The manager was incredibly helpful and friendly. My traveling partner became ill on our trip and the manager did everything that he could to make sure that she was taken care of and feeling better. He helped us plan out some daily excursions and also what to do and where to go in the city. I would recommend this guest house to anyone. The rooms were well taken care of and clean as well. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Among all the chaos and calamity of Chaing Mai lies an unbelievably beautiful, peaceful haven. We were awed by it's serenity, tranquility and manicured grounds. The decor is simple, warm and tastefully incorporates many unique Thai pieces.The staff was very friendly and helpful; the general manger, Paul, was an amazing help to us...suggesting and booking fantastic excursions, local restaurants and antique shopping. The restaurant is immaculate and serves fantastic food. We were thrilled with every aspect of this Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel in January. I had originally booked a week but I extended my stay twice and would have liked to stay more. The owner/manager Gonchai is a very friendly and helpful person as are all his staff. I really felt at home at de Rachamanka and it made my stay at Chiang Mai a very memorable one. I would definitely return to Chiang Mai, which is a most pleasant city, and I would certainly stay at de Rachamanka Hotel. It is not usual for me to recommend a hotel as I prefer to give my impressions and then leave decisions to others as I do myself, but this time I am quite certain that anyone deciding to stay at de Rachamanka will certainly be pleased with their choice. Being in a quiet location in the old town it is very near to many main attractions and never far from the livelier parts of Chiang Mai. I found it an absolutely perfect location.

Room Tip: Both rooms I stayed in were equally good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Garry Michael P
Reviewed 22 March 2013

First of all the price! Agoda are selling it at a special discounted rate of 1200baht per night. BS....when we arrived the sign outside said 790 Baht per night!
Secondly, the rooms were small dark dingy with poor lighting, full ofmosquito'ss and dirty. My bathroom room had a leaking sink which looked like it hadnt been fixed for months and it smelled like a sewer! The shower was dirty andmoldyy. (see pics!)
Thirdly its very noisy, there is noise from the road, from the school next door and from the owners kids who run round and round the internal court screaming at any time they feel from 7 am up to 10pm one night! Plus the internal courtyard amplifies any noise from guests at night.
Lastly the airport pickup mentioned on the Agoda website, dont bother! We arranged airport pickup through Agoda and when we arrived at the airport we looked around and waited but no one was there to meet us. We ended up taking a taxi. The Hotel staff looked blank when we asked why noone came to pick us up! There are far better places to stay than this hotel especially as Agoda are over charging. Infact I sent a complaint to Agoda customer services 2 weeks ago and they didnt even bother to reply!
The good points, the loactaion is good and the breakfast is good and staff are friendly but for 1200baht a night there are far better places to stay around the city.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 228John228
rung-aroon w, Manager at de Rachamanka, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

First of all, we would like to thank you to our guest for staying with us at de Rachamanka. We also would like to thank you for taking time to write a review as well.
We do apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay.
For those who read our “Management Response”, please let us give some details information on the following issues.
The room rate on Agoda is at 1,200 Baht including breakfast; however, the sign out the front door was 790++ (excluded TAX and Service Charge) and this price does not include breakfast. This special rate is only provided for allotment 1 room per day.
Small and dingy room: Upon receiving your review, we immediately renovated and cleaned up rooms, bath rooms, shower and public areas.
Noisy: de Rachamanka is initially located among schools and temples. In fact, we are in the city environment chances are that there will be some noises. However, this does not happen in all the rooms. We do have rooms which are not facing road side as well as next to the school.
Airport pick up: There might have been missed communication with Agoda about the transfer, they only mentioned fight details but did not requested a transfer from the hotel or Agoda. Therefore, there was no pick up at the airport as well as no charge to guests.
Thank again for your comments. The management of the hotel and all head staffs are always concern about the well being of our guests during their stay and guest’s satisfaction is our main goal.
Finally, we wish our guests all the best. We will continue our best effort to improve our services to meet with guest’s expectation. We could never get so far without support and encouragement from all of guests.

The Management Team