“Superb service”

137 Pillars House Chiang Mai
Ranked #2 of 394 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The hotel is set in pretty gardens a little way out of the city area. The highlight is the old 137 Pillars House which is gorgeous and beautifully restored. We ate dinner in the restaurant one night and loved the library and lounge areas. The gym is beneath and pretty good for a small hotel.
The rooms are lovely - well designed with spacious bathrooms and lovely verandahs. Good lighting for reading and very comfortable beds.
Breakfast was good - nice range of food. The service is excellent - staff are helpful, genuinely hospitable and good at organising trips and transfers.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
HappyGMinAsia, General Manager at 137 Pillars House Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words and for your recommendation. The entire team looks forward welcoming you back in the hopefully near future.

I shall be happy assisting with future reservations, you may contact me directly at gm@137pillarshouse.com

Respectfully yours,

Manfred ILG - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,250)

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I visited this place thinking that the service would be good. Overall it was exceptional. Staff were always there to help and the overall atmosphere of the place great. Be prepared to pay a little more for drinks and food than local area outlets however this charge is worth the amount. I am looking forward to my next visit.

Thank Mr. M
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

The good:
- Consistently excellent service by charming staff who do their utmost to serve well, even when the language barrier is a bit of a factor.
- very pleasant architecture which will take you back in time.
- generally decent food at main restaurant and excellent food at the Palette restaurant.
- clean, well organized, stylish rooms.
- location is close to the city center.

The "can be improved"
- wifi on and off.
- good quality breakfast but should be more diverse, especial in terms of fruit.
- price on the high side.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I couldn't recommend more about 137 Pillars House to you if you are planning a trip to Chiang Mai. I always like to stay in boutique hotels whenever I travel, but 137 Pillars House is by far the most impressive one in terms of service I ever experienced. The hotel itself is great, about 30 rooms built around a 1889 old colonial house. But the servicing people there are just awesome!
I recalled that one rainy late night I need to go out to a party and ask them to call a taxi for me, I was all dressed up with a 6" high heels, as soon as I went out the door, my bulter was somewhere nearby and offer me a hand to get through their bumpy road. And they also helped me to plan a golf day and cultural dance with dinner for my friends, not to mention that my friends were not even living in the same hotel with us, but they took the effort to help me to communicate to the driver to pick up my friends in another hotel first. And there was another day I ordered room service for my baby and they are so sensitive that they asked me if I would like to order half portion for my baby. They are just striving for their best effort to accomodate all my requests, for example they let us to stay in our room till 4pm the last day since I told them I have a late flight, which I'm sure most of the hotels only offer till 2pm at best (I booked two rooms in total). Last but not the least, their breakfast is just delicious, they will offer their guests daily special which is not include in their buffet table which simply amaze you and give you a wonderful start of the day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mr. Y
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Very beautiful and elegant hotel,will recommend it to our friends and relative.
The service is very kindly and we enjoyed our tourist here.
Environment is also attractive.Hope we will come back next year! Chiangmai is one of the best tourist attractions in my mind.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank Ms. Y
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This place is very fantastic and hospitality is superb. Everything there is beyond expectation. I dare to say no one will get any disappointment from 137 Pillars House. The breakfast preparation is very fresh and thoughtful. Even though, the fitness is quite small but completed! And the most important thing is the historic colonial 137 pillars house, it's very beautiful and lovable!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Unfortunately we could enjoy only one night in this wonderful hotel. The rooms are located in new buildings around the historical 137 pillar house which now hosts restaurant, bar and a small shop. However, the overall concept and the integration of old and new buildings is perfect as they are using a lot of greenery and trees - you feel like in a private garden.
Our suite was a mix of classical furniture but at the same time it had all the modern amnities (free WiFi, Stereo, Flat Screen, Rain shower indoor and outdoor etc.), not to forget the big shady balcony with a private day bed and a rocking chair.
We loved the excellent,decent and obviously well-trained service in the restaurant, not importunate but always there if needed. Food itself was delicious, prices will be according to the hotel rating but acceptable as you can enjoy the great atmosphere here.
The location is on the "wrong" side of the river (opposite Chiang Mai old town), and not easy to find if using your own car. So proposal is to add google coordinates to the website.

Room Tip: Check specials and book suite.