“Fantastic trek through Mae Wang National Park”

Next Step Thailand (Travel with Joe) Cycling and Hiking Private Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$252.13*
and up
Private Day-Trip: Cycling and Trekking in Chiang Mai Countryside
More attraction details
Owner description: Next Step Thailand, previously known as Travel with Joe, was founded by Samart (Joe), a native of Chiang Mai who has 10 years experience in Thailand's tourism industry. With licensed, English-speaking local staff we provide a wide range of adventure and cultural enrichment to meet your travel needs. Each one of our staff holds special knowledge or skills in areas such as Thai cooking, ethnic hilltribe customs, Buddhist beliefs and more. We can customize your tour package to include exposure to any of our unique experiences. At Next Step Thailand, all activities and tours support the local communities by visiting only locally owned businesses (such as elephant villages or hilltribes), ensuring that your investment benefits the local people. We also donate 15% of all profits to support community projects, such as Share the Dream Project, which brings educational programs to hilltribe villages. Next Step Thailand supports the three strands of sustainability - social, economic and environmental. By supporting fair-trade practices in the community and paying our staff fairly, we have built a friendly, reliable and knowledgeable team who will go the extra mile to make your visit special. We also aim to be as environmentally responsible as possible and do everything in our power to ensure our operations do not have a detrimental impact on the environment.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We spent an outstanding day with our guide Sam trekking through the Mae Wang National Park to a spectacular waterfall, enjoyed a delicious lunch that was prepared for us in a local village and enjoyed the incredible scenery in Northern Thailand. It was a full day that really showed us what we had imagined as the quintessential Thailand from rice patties to beautiful mountain vistas and a real sense of rural village life in Northern Thailand. Sam was a terrific guide - extremely knowledgeable and made us walking sticks and even chopsticks from bamboo to enjoy our lunch! It was a trek that we will never forget - truly spectacular. If you only have a day to see the countryside then book this trek - you won't be dissapointed.

There are newer reviews for Next Step Thailand (Travel with Joe) Cycling and Hiking Private Day Tours

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My family and I had a wonderful day cycling through the countryside with Next Step Thailand. The Lana countryside is absolutely beautiful. We cycled through little streets admiring the scenery and saying 'hi' to the locals. We stopped at a local temple, market and local silk making factory. My teenagers loved the challenge of a harder ride while I plodded along behind. No pressure. Everything was to our own paces and needs. Our guides were friendly and caring. They were most concerned about our happiness and ensured we had a day to remember and we did. I would recommend this highly efficient company and will definitely use them again.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was fortunate enough to spend two blissful nights up in the jungle at Spicy Thai. It is a beautiful, peaceful and happy place to spend some time. I chose to do many of the activities on offer and thoroughly enjoyed them all. But I could quite as easily just spent my time relaxing at the bungalows enjoying the view from my hammock! Samart has a superb thing going and all the staff are incredibly friendly, polite and helpful! A must for anyone seeking adventure, peace and good food.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I did a one day trek through Next Step Thailand and really enjoyed the experience. Wasan was our wonderful guide. He was knowledgeable about life on the mountain and was gentle and kind. When I could barely move at the lunch break, he kept me motivated to carry on. This was the prefect one day trek for us, as we wanted to focus primarily on hiking and seeing the hilltribes, and didn't want to do any rafting and elephant riding. We had an amazing lunch at Spicy Villas and would love to stay overnight there next time. Samart was very helpful in making the arrangements for the day and answered all my questions via email.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a custom tour with a specific and unusual focus...I wanted to do home stays and arrange for local musicians to perform traditional Thai and hilltribe folk music.

I first contacted the top rated village home stay tour provider on Trip Advisor: Thailand Hilltribe Holidays. I don't know how they've earned their rating, but they were curt and unhelpful, completely disinterested in any actual customization to my interest. They told me arranging music performances would be next to impossible, but I got the sense they just didn't want to do any extra work beyond their pre-arranged tours to cater to my goals.

Then I tried Next Step Thailand and had the opposite experience. Samart bent over backwards to quickly arrange exactly the tour I wanted. He started with my priority, musical performances, and even though this had not been requested before, he managed to leverage his local contacts to arrange a private concert for every night of my tour (all of which were high quality, wonderful performances). And he arranged the entire thing in less than 48 hours of my initial request. My guide, Wasan, was extremely helpful and a fun tour companion. He translated conversations with the musicians, and even arranged for me to take a lesson with one of them, mixing up our itinerary last minute to accommodate an extra detour.

Next Step deserves the top rank IMO, and if you have any unusual interests you're pursuing you should certainly use them over Thailand Hilltribe Holidays.

Travellers who viewed Next Step Thailand (Travel with Joe) Cycling and Hiking Private Day Tours also viewed

Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province

Been to Next Step Thailand (Travel with Joe) Cycling and Hiking Private Day Tours? Share your experiences!