“Incredible; exceeded my expectations”

Namo Yoga & Massage
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer yoga classes, massage courses and Ayurveda course. Open Monday to Saturday. We keep yoga classes reasonable price to support your everyday practice. Drop in 250 THB, 5 times pass is available for 1,000 THB. morning class 10am to 11:30am / evening class 6pm to 7:30pm !/2 day massage lessons are reasonable and bestseller for visiters. choose from; Thai massage, Oil massage, Foot massage or Head massage. morning 10am to 1pm, afternoon 2pm to 5pm. 990THB per person, more than 2 discount price is 900THB each.
Reviewed 6 March 2013

A friend recommended Namo for their massage courses, and based on this I booked my trip to Chiang Mai. I was in no way disappointed, rather my expectations were far exceeded.

I booked a 5-day Thai massage course online, and all of my questions were thoughtfully answered. The teacher was able to accommodate starting the course earlier to suit my schedule.

The welcome was lovely when I attended a drop-in class the evening before - directed to the foot washing area (how lovely) before the class. In all I attended three classes and found them all very different (Hatha, Vinyasa & Yin) and excellent. The teachers were very experienced and true to their practise.

Having finished my Thai massage course yesterday, I am overwhelmed at how pleased I am with the course!! Nha Ja is a very knowledgeable individual, and has composed her course from the Traditional teachings together with her extensive understanding of the body, anatomy, energy channels and medicine.

The one-on-one teaching was invaluable. I was able to learn the massage techniques and delivery in three days, and then practised each section twice, and asked lots of questions. The time allowed Nha to impart her wisdom according to what I intend for my massage (older relatives, people with health problems).

I feel very fortunate to have completed the course with Nha, her energy is amazing, her teaching methods effective and she's just such a good-humoured person.

I plan to return to Namo as often as possible, and hope to continue my massage training there. Everyone I met over the 5 days were lovely - staff and students.

With love & gratitude,

"oil"
"explanation"
"lesson"

Reviewed 12 January 2013

I got the best 3 hour thai massage here. I know...3 hours sounds like way too long...but it passed by so quickly. I have never been more relaxed than I was after this massage. They also provide YOGA classes which I did once. They were good...but not as memorable as the massage!

1  Thank susQnyc
Reviewed 12 October 2012

As an avid yoga aficionado I attended several different yoga schools in Chiang Mai and Namo was by far my favorite. Classes were challenging but made you wish they never ended. I loved the idea of washing your feet before stepping into the studio - it makes total sense in Thailand! - and didn't mind the healthy heat building up in the room, despite wide open windows. When you sprawl on your mat at the end of class, feeling light and free, and listen to outside noises as the city carries on, you can't help but plan your next trip to CM :). Thanks Vari and Indigo Moon.

6  Thank Ana B
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We had an absolutely fantastic week with Nha Ja doing the Thai massage course - it's great value and we came away knowing so much. Her English is excellent, and so are her techniques, and sense of humour! Lots of laughing and lots of learning. We came in from the back of Namo rather than from Moon Muang Road the first time we looked for it and so struggled to find it - go from Moon Muang Road straight up Soi 4 and it's right in front of you!! So happy that we found this place - and the yoga classes were great too. Nha even recommended cheap places for us to eat every day and Raad the manager told us all about Thai life - couldn't speak more highly of this place!

1  Thank Vicky M
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

I was the only student that week so it was a privet course that was great for me, with some background in bodywork and yoga. Nha Ja is a lovely teacher and person, and so does Rahd, who teaches some of the other courses and take care of the office.
Didn't participate in the yoga classes cause i was learning at the same time, but heard them in the back - and it sound good. Will try to drop in next time I'm in town.
The location of the school is very good if you are staying in the old city, especially by Tha Pa gate.

1  Thank Yael L