“Great Massage Class- Great Teacher!”

Namo Yoga & Massage
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer yoga classes, massage courses and Ayurveda course. Open Monday to Saturday. We keep yoga classes reasonable price to support your everyday practice. Drop in 250 THB, 5 times pass is available for 1,000 THB. morning class 10am to 11:30am / evening class 6pm to 7:30pm !/2 day massage lessons are reasonable and bestseller for visiters. choose from; Thai massage, Oil massage, Foot massage or Head massage. morning 10am to 1pm, afternoon 2pm to 5pm. 990THB per person, more than 2 discount price is 900THB each.
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My boyfriend and I took an oil massage class with "Rod" at Namo and were really impressed. Rod (not sure how to spell her name) was a wonderful teacher who explained everything very carefully, was knowledgeable about the body, speaks excellent English, and is a talented teacher who anticipates the questions that people have and answers them completely. The maximum number of students per class is 4 and the course is divided into four segments- for each one Rod does a demonstration on one student in the class and she is a great masseuse. Each part of the class is also practiced by each participant, so everyone gives and receives each part of the massage. You receive a course book and create your own massage oil to take home for which you choose the essential oil that works for you. We had a really great time and learned a lot! Highly recommended!

1  Thank Sarah C
"oil"
"explanation"
"lesson"

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Namo is a great drop in yoga studio. They have an abonment for 5 times, but the difference of price is small, so I prefered not to take it, and pay each time. So I could go whenever I wanted ( 4 sessions per day) and enjoy the teaching of various teachers ( 9 different teachers throughout the week). They propose different approach, and diversity is very good.
For beginners, Ester is probably the best teacher, but they are all capable of teaching yoga to stiff beginners...
The staff at the reception could be more helpful, though.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

A friend and I took the 3 hour Savasana head massage course. "Rod" was our teacher. She was so amazing. Very patient, great English and very funny! She had us cracking up several different times. The booklet she gives for the course is well done. Shows pictures and written explanation. We also gives you some other techniques that are not in the book. Neither of us are massage therapists, just yoga teachers, but this excited us and made us want to learn more. She would always demonstrate one one of us, then have us do on each other to get full understanding. We had plenty of time to ask questions. She had such a beautiful way of teaching. We ran past our end time by 20 minutes but she didn't say anything. I would definetly take another class here!

Reviewed 6 March 2013

A friend recommended Namo for their massage courses, and based on this I booked my trip to Chiang Mai. I was in no way disappointed, rather my expectations were far exceeded.

I booked a 5-day Thai massage course online, and all of my questions were thoughtfully answered. The teacher was able to accommodate starting the course earlier to suit my schedule.

The welcome was lovely when I attended a drop-in class the evening before - directed to the foot washing area (how lovely) before the class. In all I attended three classes and found them all very different (Hatha, Vinyasa & Yin) and excellent. The teachers were very experienced and true to their practise.

Having finished my Thai massage course yesterday, I am overwhelmed at how pleased I am with the course!! Nha Ja is a very knowledgeable individual, and has composed her course from the Traditional teachings together with her extensive understanding of the body, anatomy, energy channels and medicine.

The one-on-one teaching was invaluable. I was able to learn the massage techniques and delivery in three days, and then practised each section twice, and asked lots of questions. The time allowed Nha to impart her wisdom according to what I intend for my massage (older relatives, people with health problems).

I feel very fortunate to have completed the course with Nha, her energy is amazing, her teaching methods effective and she's just such a good-humoured person.

I plan to return to Namo as often as possible, and hope to continue my massage training there. Everyone I met over the 5 days were lovely - staff and students.

With love & gratitude,