“Best Yoga Teachers in Chiang Mai”

Namo Yoga & Massage
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer yoga classes, massage courses and Ayurveda course. Open Monday to Saturday. We keep yoga classes reasonable price to support your everyday practice. Drop in 250 THB, 5 times pass is available for 1,000 THB. morning class 10am to 11:30am / evening class 6pm to 7:30pm !/2 day massage lessons are reasonable and bestseller for visiters. choose from; Thai massage, Oil massage, Foot massage or Head massage. morning 10am to 1pm, afternoon 2pm to 5pm. 990THB per person, more than 2 discount price is 900THB each.
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

I'm pretty new to Yoga, but the instructors at Namo Yoga made my confidence level grow exponentially .... Thanks Mickey and Staff !! Oh and the Veg Restaurant next door was amazing as well ! I'll be back :-)

1  Thank Johnandnicole
"oil"
"explanation"
"lesson"

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The excellent teachers make NAMO special. I had never done yoga before... Pierre, Neil,Esther & Stefanie took great care of me...Pierre took time to explain what it was all about even before I'd decided to attend. They answered questions & addressed specific problems in class and AFTER.They cared. I only wish I could have stayed longer!

2  Thank Georgie1892
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Namo is a quaint yoga establishment located on Soi 4 Muangmoo Road, just north of the Thapae gate. My experience with Neil, who instructs on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6-7:45pm, has been great. He is minimally spiritual (if you like that style), is challenging, and corrects you when needed without being overly touchy. I feel totally relaxed and limber by the time class is over. He always goes a little over time and is happy to stay after class to talk to his students. For 220 baht for over an hour and a half of yoga is well worth it!

The center provides the equipment you need, including mats, blocks, straps, pillows, and even mosquito spray. Their facility is nicely decorated and clean, and the receptionist is friendly. They sell beautiful yoga mat bags that are locally made.

Tip: Soi 4 is incredibly narrow and only a motorbike can fit. There is a small parking area down the soi and just in front of the yoga building. Sorry cars – you will have to find a spot on the road!

4  Thank Angela S
Reviewed 22 September 2013

NAMO Yoga & Community Space is located just off of Moon Muang, Lane 4, in Chiang Mai’s old city. I studied a short Traditional Thai Massage course here, as well as attended the odd yoga class. Nha the Massage Teacher is wonderful! She made learning so much fun and knows how to make even complete novices feel comfortable in the classroom. I felt very safe in her capable hands, literally, because she’s also employed by the Thai government to authorise accreditation for new Thai Massage Therapists. I’ve also noticed that NAMO attracts many Yoga and Martial Arts teachers whom are travelling in Thailand. So you’ll often get to do classes here that are not offered anywhere else in town, at prices that won’t break your budget!

1  Thank TheDassieLife
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I went to Namo 3 times. The first two times I had an excellent teacher. The instruction was stimulating and I tried several poses new for me. The third time turned into a disappointment. I amde the effort to show up for class. This time it was a different teacher. Her greetings was rather terse. She said, "Don't set up until we have another student." There was no hello or questions to get to know you and your experience with yoga. I was the only one there. SHe didn't wait long to cancel the class. If could have gone to one of the other studios, if I had known they would cancel. So, don;t make the effort, if you are going to be the only student.

3  Thank William T