“Sammy really does have the best toilet in Asia......”

Sammy's Organic Thai Cooking School
Ranked #15 of 72 Food & Drink in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 4 May 2014

An absolutely fantastic cooking course. Very informative and great fun. Sammy and his staff patiently work through several dishes ensuring novices and more experienced cooks get plenty out of the experience. The cookbook we were given at the end was brilliantly put together and has made it easy for us to recreate those tasty dishes since we got home. There are many cooking courses to choose from in Chaing Mai and I can't comment on the others but Sammy will give you a great day at his beautiful farm, and it's almost worth the trip just to see his toilet.....! Thanks Sammy!!

2  Thank Daryl W

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Absolutely Fabtabulous experience! The most worthwhile money spent so far. I would honestly recommended this to anyone coming to Chiang Mai. The most unbelievable company, food, and a great learning experience. You HAVE TO do it!

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Both Sammy and his wife are incredibly kind and bubbly people. Both spoke amazing English and had an excellent sense of humour. We learnt tasty dishes and met some lovely people. Believe me you won't need breakfast before you go because you'll need space for the five amazing dishes you learn. Such a great day! even had a nap next to sammys rice paddies. Well worth going. What a hero.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I definitely recommend doing this - at the beginning of your trip/time in Thailand if possible. It was great to learn about Thai cooking and helped us with ordering food for the rest of the trip. Sammy is super friendly and funny. I'm sure he'll tell you about "the most beautiful toilet in Thailand" :) They give you great options to cook for each of the 5 courses. If you're going with someone else I recommend choosing different options so you get to try more things. He gives you a cookbook at the end and I've used it multiple times since returning to the States - it is a great and useful souvenir.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

A day at Sammy's is much more than just learning to cook! You spend the day with him and his wife, at their rice farm, in a beautiful part if the countryside just outside Chiang Mai. The selection and choice for cooking is excellent, even if you are vegetarian, and the quality of what we cooked that day makes me feel I want to open my own Thai restaurant! Having a siesta in their hammocks in between courses was so relaxing, and their toilets are definitely the best in the whole of Thailand!! Thoroughly thoroughly recommend this experience - you will not be disappointed!