“Beautiful family who runs Dozy, clean, safe, friendly environment”
Review of Dozy House

Dozy House
Ranked #50 of 833 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Dozy House has become my home in Chiang Mai. I stayed in a mixed dorm and found it very comfortable and safe. Gina and her staff are amazing people who only want to help your time in Chiang Mai be as good as possible. They will set anything up for you and go out of their way to help you. They made the experience what it was for me. Not to mention the entire space was always clean. The room I stayed in has AC pumping and a nice bathroom. Individual lockers for everyone as well so everything stays safe. They have toast, tea, cocoa, and coffee always available for free and other drinks for purchase. I rented a bicycle from them for 4 days and it was very affordable and practical for getting around Chiang Mai. I left the city and came back and knew right away that I was coming here. I never had reservations-just winged it and there was always a bed for me. But generally rooms are full. And not too big which is nice. Beds are slightly hard as they are all over Thailand so if that's an issue for you, maybe look elsewhere. For me that's just a little insignificant detail. Dozy is just a great atmosphere with kids and kittens and smiles :). Location is northwest side of Old City-5 minutes walking from Sunday market and many restaurants. Great stay overall, I'm sure I will be back again!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank glg150

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in a double room. The room was ensuite and had a beautiful tree and quote on the wall. it was exactly as it had been described on Hostelworld. The complimentary tea and toast was a lovely treat. I was ill during our stay and the owner was so kind and gave me her son's medicine, she also contacted the tour that we had to cancel to get us back the majority of what we had paid. She showed u such kindness and even drove us to the airport. I could not recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScottishRach
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for four nights in one of the double rooms. Came here not really having organised anything and Gina was so helpful getting things organised for us to do. There's so many things to do and a dozen companies offering the same thing and was so good to have a local point us in the right direction. We had a really comfortable stay here and the general friendly atmosphere here was really enjoyable.

The rooms were clean with good air con and the location is within the main square making it easy to walk anywhere within Central Chiang Mai. Would definitely recommend! You get taken care of so well.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The owners are super helpful and are able to organize all the basic services to visit the main attractions. They do have an open kitchen and basic drinks and water one can grab at any hour. The rooms are clean, very large, but modest. The location is good, but is on the quieter side within the old city. To reach the main backpacking hub, it takes about 5-10 mins by bike or 20-30 mins by foot. To reach the center where most of the temples are located its just around the corner walking distance. Finally, I left one of my personal belongings at the hotel and the owner mailed it to me through express mail to Railay beach. I received it within 2 days and I can't tell you what a relief it was!! Overall they are super honest, hard working, family run business and very well priced.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a great place to stay in Chiang Mai. It's located within the old town but it's on the other side of the inner ring from the craziness of the touristy area. I rented a bike everyday so I just scooted all over the city at all hours with ease. Gina is super sweet and very accommodating; full of information and they can organize anything for you if you want to go that route. Rooms were clean and the AC worked really well.

My only complaint, which is not their fault, was the neighbor's dog that I dreamt of poisoning a couple nights when it kept me awake barking. (Note: I would never poison a dog so please no mean comments.) Anyway, problem solved with ear plugs, so if you're a light sleeper, bring them. They rent bikes as well as scooters all very well priced. They off laundry service also. Wifi worked okay for me. Not great, but I was on the top floor. As soon as I came down to the lobby I had full bars. I would definitely return again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Undaunted_Courage
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

This place is not to be missed in Chiang Mai. The family are so welcoming and cannot do enough for you. The Wifi works well, rooms and large and very clean. Drinks in the fridge are very reasonable. What more could you want?

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

We wish we could have stayed longer than three nights but its no surprise they were fully booked. The private rooms are large, clean with a colourful decor and the wifi connection is good. It's a family run place and they are very welcoming and helpful just ask and they will oblige you. The communal kitchen to make your own breakfast is a bonus.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple