“Good Price and friendly staff..”

Lanna Boutique Resort
Ranked #182 of 380 Hotels in Chiang Mai
chiang mai
“Good Price and friendly staff..”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

First time i stay here for 1 week ,feel like friend and family ,everything its so good for me.staff so funny and friendly ,they take good care and helpful,i like here and hope next time i will comeback to stay here again,

Room Tip: If u fine hotel for good feeling ,try to come stay here ..
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank puk-pannapat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Thai first
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

We stay there for 2 nights in early December 2012.
We got there a few hours early but We didn't have to wait long before our room was ready.
The staff made us feel very welcome from the moment we arrived till when we left.
The sauna is quite small but it gets you sweating good and proper.
The gym could do with an air con or at least a fan as it gets way too hot while we worked out.
Swimming pool and every where else was clean.
The massive TV in our deluxe room didn't have a very good picture but we didn't care because we weren't there to watch TV!
Overall we were very happy there and would stay there again.

They are expanding the hotel so noises from building works next door can be very annoying if you just want to lay on a sun bed.

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank YoureMyWonderwall
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I booked the hotel in Agoda, "Lanna Boutique Resort" in Chiangmai.

I couldn't believe that they gave me the small and new painting smell superior room and insisted that that room is deluxe. I booked the new year eve night at that hotel at a higher price than their normal rate, but I couldn't feel any value of it ($69).

They just finished a new building. Here I want to complain about their new "deluxe room" they provided. It has huge difference with what they describe on their website.
1.no hairdryer in their so-called "deluxe" room. In the end, they said the staffs forgot to put the hairdryer on that floor. hey, I asked for hairdryer and they couldn't find any to provide me!!!
2.no telephone in their so-called "deluxe" room
3.no kettle in their so-called "deluxe" room
4.no slipper in their so-called "deluxe" room
5.the room is so small just like the superior room in the picture.
6.the room is full of the painting smell, they only could give us a aroma spray!!! and said just try it.
7.the gold paint on bed head is still wet!! my arm got paints on it!!
8.never expect too much with their breakfast, only orange juice, scramble eggs,toast, hotdog, fried eggs. no vegetable, no any fruit. and you could see many flies rest on the juice bottle.
9.they didn't provide the wireless password while checked in, and I have to ask them on person because there is no telephone in the room

This is a hotel I WOULD never come back AGAIN, even they provide me discount for the next stay.

Room Tip: you want to stay at the deluxe room? good luck to you
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Chih Chiang H
Nonzee W, Manager at Lanna Boutique Resort, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
Dear Chih Chiang H,

According to your review on the 1st January, 2013 about all the things in your review, I would like to say thank you for your review. I'm really appreciate that. Regarding to your review I would like to inform that we "Lanna Boutique Resort" really want to apologize for the happened situation. At that time we try to provide and supervise all our guest for their highest satisfaction. But at that moment it is the period of new year's, we have fully booked for the main building, but we just finished the new building that not 100% ready for staying. Our staff inform all the guest about the room and facilities in the room that it is not finished yet, we are really understand that our guest can't find any accommodation on the new year's eve, so we offer the place to stay to all guest to stay in the moment of new year. This mean the one who wants to stay need to under stand that the room are all only for sleep because it is not fully-furnished at that time. And also guest who booked via accommodation agency or booking representative have to reconfirm their booking before check-in with local staff to ensure that their booking was made correctly.

This is a nice advising from you I will bring this lesson to be my inspiration to improve this business to ensure the best services and highest satisfaction for every guest.

Thank you very much for did a review for us. It would be nice for you to come again to see improvement of this business. I will provide you the best service you can get in Chiangmai, Thailand

Best Regards

Nonzee Wongsa Mr.

Travellers are raving about these Chiang Mai hotels

Reviewed 3 December 2012

A friend and I spent a couple nights here. The hotel was fairly new and not busy yet. Got to know the manager and some of the other staff. One night our taxi driver dropped us off behind the hotel where there was construction and private homes and we didn't know how to get back. A nearby hotel called lanna boutique for us, and the girl at the front desk walked over to where we were and guided us back to the hotel. The manager was very helpful with telling us the best places to visit and ways to get around. Booked our buses to Laos for us. He even told us to come back after our visit and long night bus ride, and use the hotel facilities to clean up and lounge by the pool, along with breakfast, before our early morning flight home. I would highly recommend this hotel. Exceptional service. Never had better. I think we even left a Polaroid photo up so they won't forget us! If I make it back to Chiang mai one day, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 November 2012

All that is advertised is available. Lanna is located in a residential area and transportation is available on the main steet several blocks away. The property is well-maintained and managed. You may see an older woman sweeping and cleaning as early as 5 A.M. in the morning and throughout the day, this is the owner's wife and they live near by. The "pool boy" that promply brings you a towel and cold water after a swim, may also be the person cleaning your room or cooking and serving your meal at the sister eating spot up the street.

The hotel was built over what was once an area swimming pool. I spent 11 days at this property and enjoyed each day of my stay. One is encouraged to get out and walk through and discover the nearby neighborhoods to and from the old city.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I spent four nights at the Lanna Boutique Resort (which is located at 79/72 Soi Prachautit Chotana Road, Chang Phuak, Chiang Mai, Thailand 50300) in July 2012. I paid 550 Baht per night.

The location was ideal for me as I needed to be in that area, but tourists should be aware that it is a 20 minute walk to the old town. So renting a motorbike is a must if you intend to visit Chiang Mai from this hotel.

The room was great, with air conditioning, a nice tv, nice bathroom, plenty of hot water and pressure (although I was on the top floor), and even a private little terrace. The room was not made once during my stay, but I did not mind, as it gives it a homely feel.

Service was extremely friendly. Lots of smile and genuine friendliness. The day staff spoke okay English, but the night staff did not speak a word and was generally clueless about how to help. I had to book an early (5am) taxi to the airport, which is advertised at 200 Bahts at the hotel. This is 50 Bahts more than usual, but I figured it was best to use the hotel's service and be sure to have someone there to take me to the airport. The guy at the helpdesk did not speak a word of English and was difficult to communicate with because either he was more interested in playing his video game than helping, or he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Anyway, it turned out the hotel wanted to charge me 300 Bahts rather than 200 due to the early time. After some discussions, we agreed on 250 Bahts. Next morning the taxi was not there. The non English-speaking guy gave me the typical smile you get in that sort of situation and confirmed there was no taxi. When I asked him how I could find one, I got the same smile and a "no idea" response. It he did not seem to care the least, and it I could sense he found it very convenient not to speak English. So I had to rush outside, where I luckily quickly found a tuk tuk (that charged me the normal 150).

Apart from that experience, everything was great. In particular, I enjoyed the great sauna, steam room, and pool. All with great service.

So would I come back? Maybe, but I was not happy with my taxi experience (mistakes happen, but at least try to look like you care and try to fix them), and the location is good only if you have business in the area.

Room Tip: Book early - they are a lovely bunch, but triple check any important booking arrangement.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo