“Great Boutique Hotel!”

Early Bird Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #38 of 777 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We traveled in Thailand for 3 weeks and this was our favorite hotel. The staff is amazing - New helped us plan our entire time in Chiang Mai, guiding us to the right programs and restaurants and keeping us away from the scammy ones. They were always friendly and ready to chat, and the breakfast was amazing. She also has a huge movie collection, and the rooms are cute. It's at a great, central location in the old city and it's also pretty quiet. Honestly, I would recommend Early Bird to anyone who goes to Chiang Mai. It's one of the best bed and breakfasts I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 210Jenni
There are newer reviews for Early Bird Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Service is great, the staff was very friendly and willing to help with any questions. The breakfasts were also big and delicious. Location is fantastic, literally in the middle of the night market, and close to everything in the old city. My only complaint would be that it can be noisy since the middle of the guesthouse is open... you can hear everything anyone does in the common area (it was only a problem on one occasion when guests come back in the middle of the night). I would still stay here again if I make it back to Chiang Mai!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed one night in January 2014 at the Early Bird Guesthouse: Excellent choice and one of the best Bed & Breakfasts I ever stayed in: Central but very quiet location, excellent and smart rooms tastefully decorated.
The best is the exceptionnally friendly and helpful staff that puts most concierges even at top hotels into shame: They'll organize just everything and can answer every question; staff is highly motivated

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DGE2014
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed 4D3N @Early Bird & Breakfast. This place is centrally located (in front of Wat Chedi Liang) in old town Chiang Mai, quiet surroundings and attentive & helpful staff. The room is comfortable with great breakfast in big portion, you have to try it.

Really recommended and we'll stay again once visiting Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The location is great and the rooms are large and very clean, excellent breakfast made especially for you, and lots of it. Staff are very helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a quiet back lane and security is very good as they lock the doors at 11 but there is always staff on duty. Would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This b&b is just fantastic. I was greeted very warmly in the cold winter as I arrived. All of the girls there answered every queries I hv. They helped me to book a cooking class (Me & Mom) and I had a wonderful time learning to cook tomyum and padthai.

Above all, I had the most wonderful breakfast in my years of travelling throughout SEA. The ommalette was perfectly done, the salad's dressing was so yummy
and the coffee was just perfect.

The room I had was No. 9 (Falcon) which is facing the front of the b&b. Not so much view but I just love it when the cool breeze came as I opened all the windows. The room was very clean, so did the toilet.

If anything I'd them to improve is the hot shower. The small water heater seemed not capable to heat the water enough so I had to use low pressure to have the water hot enough. And maybe a small table to put my baggage. But these are all small things compared how warm I felt when I was here.

I am definitely coming back. In fact I have made booking for March before I left the other day. Can't wait for it!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We only had two nights at the Early Bird but were made to feel like friends by the lovely people and their two cats. Couldn't fault the service - we were amazed and very happy to have our Chiang Rai bus tickets booked for us and nothing seemed too much trouble. The location is also tops, near a couple of great temples, Wat Chedi Luang and the lovely old Wat Phan Tao, as well as in the paths of both weekend walking street markets, right in the heart of the old city. Another wonderful thing was the breakfast - oh boy, the pork belly and the pork noodle soup set us up almost all day and were so delicious!

The rooms are fairly minimalist, but stylish and comfy with their cute bird themes. There was nothing we could fault at all - good value, service, location and breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple