All reviewsthe general managera large shopping malltropical oasisamazing place to stayold citybeautiful poolother hotelshotel restauranthotel staffmin walkairportcongeebathtub
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My family and I spent a week in Chiang Mai and I can honestly say that this hotel made our holiday and quite possibly is the best hotel experience I have encountered in many years of travelling.

The hotel is ideally located for Chiang Mai, only 5 minutes from the airport (the hotel provided free transfers) and next the main shopping mall meaning there are plenty of options for food, from cheap eats in the hawker centre on the ground floor through to more upmarket restaurants. A Songtheaw to and from the centre of Chiang Mai will cost 80-100 baht which is ideal.

The hotel complex is quite small and friendly but the room for a family of four was ideal with two large bedrooms with en-suite a large lounge and cooking/dining area. There is a shared swimming pool set in a beautiful tropical garden and throughout our stay it was hardly used meaning we had a relaxing time whenever we chose to use the pool. In addition the free Wi-Fi was most welcome and worked well throughout the stay.

Breakfast was also a good experience again set in a lush garden area surrounded by Thai wooden buildings. Breakfast choices included soft rice bowls with fish/chicken/pork as well as the more western options of pancakes and cereals. My only one point about the breakfast is that the coffee was not the best but everything else considered this is not a problem.

From a customer service perspective all the staff made us feel really welcome, all of the time nothing was too much trouble. Every time we saw a staff member they were happy and always wanting to chat to all the family. I would like in particular to thank Aree the General Manager who was fantastic, every day she took the time to talk to me and my family and entertained our 4 year old daughter. All of the staff made us and the children feel right at home. We did a number of excursions during our time in Chiang Mai and hired a car all thanks to the help we had from Aree and her team. Behind reception was a home-made album covering all the things to do in Chiang Mai and the insider advise and support made a huge difference. Because of the excellent help we managed to do the excursions for the right price, and when hiring a car to go to Doi Inthanon had all the information we needed for a safe and enjoyable trip. Aree also booked us a private car to Doi Suthep and a Ping River cruise and even organised for us to be dropped at the river cruise pick up point.

We all enjoyed out trip to Chiang Mai and this hotel certainly made the difference, the problem is we are spoiled now and will be disappointed by other places that do not reach these extremely high standards. Thanks once again to everyone at VC@Suanpaak we certainly want to return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank graemeboro
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is an absolute gem, every inch of this hotel is a work of art and total attention to detail, and the very generous size rooms are decorated likewise. As well the bed is very large and very comfortable, the bathroom has a lovely big bath and a separate rainforest shower. The balcony is big and views a gorgeous lush garden surrounding the pool. The breakfast is beautiful,not buffet... they give you a menu with a few options, it is tasty and generous. The staff is absolutely beautiful from the reception to to the general manager... what concerns hospitality, they take their job very seriously, they also organized our tours. The only thing I missed in this hotel is a bar or something to hang out in the evening. The hotel is next to a mall where you can go by foot and do some shopping... or eat sushi (They have loads in this mall), or even mc donalds or pizza hut...thumbs up for this hotel!!!

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms in this hotel are good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank asiangrace
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I rarely give 5 stars for a review, but the experience I and my friends had is worth the stars given. I was a bit apprehensive at first visiting Thailand as I and my friends are Afro Caribbean and I was unsure how we would be treated. However, the staff were so friendly and helpful, they researched all our trips for us and booked it, and recommended places for us to go. They always had a smile on their face and spoke English well. I booked an apartment for 4 of us. The apartments were well decorated and I was surprised that we were given 2 separate apartments with a connecting door (1 bedroom apartment with single beds, a living room and a kitchen, with a fridge/ freezer, microwave etc). The view from the balcony was lovely, and we were on the 3rd floor. Although the hotel is 5mins away from the airport I had no problems with noise. The hotel is a half an hour away from the city, but this was not a problem for us as it was easy to catch a red taxi for only 100 baht altogether 1 way. There is also a shopping mall next to the hotel which has restaurants, grocerys, clothes, etc.

The only improvements I would make to this hotel is that at breakfast it would be useful to have more staff who speak English. There were occasions where staff would bring the wrong order. There were also very few English TV channels (news and HBO) whereas in other hotels in Thailand there are more. This wasn't too much of a problem as we were hardly in the apartment.
Overall we had a great time in Thailand. The people are friendly and are happy to help you.

Room Tip: The higher, the better view. We were in 32
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank rbex
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Perfect for a relaxing stay in Chiang Mai. Despite being close to the airport there was no aircraft noise. The resort is set in deceptively large well-tended exotic gardens and the staff were friendly and attentive. The room was actually a suite, very clean and well appointed. The large size of the room was a pleasant surprise. All rooms seem to overlook the pool but strategically places palm trees (19 No.) ensured privacy. The bed was comfortable and huge. At the risk of running out of superlatives I rate the resort as fantastic on all counts and will certainly be returning in the not too distant future. The manageress spoke good English and was most helpful. The three restaurants served good quality Thai dishes. The free Wi-fi was fast and easy to connect. Sophisticated massage machines were available free to guests.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have direct access to the pool area, first floor rooms have balconies overlooking the pool. Second floor rooms appeared not to have balconies. We stayed in Room 17 on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

From start to finish this place has been spot on. Lovely room cleaned and tidied every day, had the pool to ourselves - it's so peaceful here. Had noodles/stir-fry at the restaurant which were delicious. The staff couldn't be more helpful; they went to the bus station to collect our tickets so we didn't have to go ourselves and only charged us 100baht. They also arranged a taxi to the station and up to the way at the top of the mountain, all for a reasonable price. The only downside is the mozzies, we've been eaten alive despite using Deet but the staff lent us their electric tennis racket to kill them with. Brilliant - wish we could stay longer! The breakfast is fine, the meat isn't great but the Thai don't do processed meat well but the egg options are more than enough.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple