“Disappointing! Do not stay in mini villas! They ain't an option!”

Zensala Riverpark Resort
Ranked #63 of 388 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Mosquitoes as bedroom mates and leeches as bathing partners? How's that sound? I understand that many people had positive reviews for this resort. Perhaps I was unfortunate? Not being able to get a deluxe room. But I believe travellers who paid good money should not be taken for a ride into booking one of these "mini villas". The staffs were friendly but they cannot help my situation as the resort is supposedly fully booked. All U can Eat Breakfast was above average, local dishes in the menu was good but western dish like Grilled rack of lamb was dismal as the lamb tasted stiff and stale.

Room Tip: take only deluxe rooms and NO MINI VILLAS.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hooray88
ZensalaResort, Owner at Zensala Riverpark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

We are truly sorry that we gave you a bad experience in our Mini Villa. The villas are separated from the main building and they are quite near to the river. So, some times of the year we do have this problem with mosquito and no-harm snail because they are more close-to-the-nature than another types of room we have. However, this is not our excuse. We will solve the problem you mentioned as quickly as possible. For the food, I have already passed your comments to our chef. Please accept an apology from his team for that lamb dish and they will improve the quality of this dish right away.

We really hope that we could have a chance to welcome you again next time. We will do things much much better. I do apologize once again for discomfort.

There are newer reviews for Zensala Riverpark Resort

Reviewed 10 December 2012

8 months old resort with only 15 minutes drive from the Airport, this resort situated next to Ping river. An idyllic place to stay if you want to escape the crowd but easy to get to the heart of Chiang Mai for site seeing and shopping. This small and cozy resort offer a personalized service upon arrival, breakfast and other arrangement such as transportation and other travelling information you may need, love free wi-fi here. Thanks to Chef Tee and Ms. Kung and the rest which we can't remember all their name who was there with us from the moment of arrival, breakfast and departure, very gentle and helpful! We will definitely recommend this place to our friends and really look forward to our next trip in Chiang Mai!

Room Tip: Book a villa for more privacy Rent a motor bike if you want to discover the local Chiang Mai!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mytenwishes
ZensalaResort, General Manager at Zensala Riverpark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

First of all, Thank you for being with us. I will pass your compliment to our team and we looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

Zensala is a brand new hotel (just 8 months). After i reach the hotel, it's look very simple, After check-in and walk around the design was excellent. Each room has their own style and fucntional. Every rooms are river view which is very beautiful and very relax. Shampoo, saop and lotion are made from herb which is very good and fragrant. Hotel location is very good and convenience for person who has car. Staff are very helpful and give a superb service to my family. ABF is à la carte menu which not so much choice to select. But the taste of food is very yummy. Hotel chef have pay attention for every dish that he made. I'm feel very good when I stay here, so i would recommend to choose this hotel too. I definitely go back to stay this hotel again.

Room Tip: Pool access is on the 1st floor. But the biggest room (suite) is on the top floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Thanaphol T

Dear Khun Thanaphol,
Thank you for staying with us. We will pass your comment to our team and try to put more options onto our breakfast menu. Please feel free to suggest at info@zensalaresort.com. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

Simple & stylish small boutique place, nicely tugged away from the city buzz. Great porch by the river to be relaxing in quietly. Serves up a pretty decent nice meal at their restaurant. Very helpful staff too.

Dear Sing Yong,
Thank you for your great review. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Food was amazing and cheap, and perfect portion size.
Rooms modern well equiped and spacious.
Moondeck penthouse was great. Big chill out reading room views of sunrise and set. Spa bath power ahower. Bedroom floor to cieling windows leading out to sun deck looking over ping river and mountain views.

Grounds imaculate pool is bigger in real life. Very good and friendly security.
Thanks to all staff who went sbove and beyond csll of duty.

2  Thank lukesyd

Dear Mr. Luke,
I am so glad to hear that your stay was pleasant. Thank you for your great review about us. We are looking forward to seeing you again next time you visit Chiang Mai.

Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

The staff is friendly and helpful. The female staff who serve us on arrival is very attentive and kind hearted. She would approach us very promptly when ever she saw us and would help us to deal with any difficulty.
Breakfast is awesome and freshly cook for you upon order. Variety is limited, they should included more local dishes into the menu.

Our rooms is #102 with a king size bed with direct pool access and have unblock river view. The jacuzzi pools need the staff to turn on. When they saw us in the pool they will automatically turn on the jacuzzi.

Cleanliness is excellent! The room is full of aroma smell, and they have air-con on before we go in. We find the air-con makes some noise but not disturbing. Perfection is hard to achieve but cleanliness is crutial to attract customer. One thing they missed was the dustbin in the bathroom. At the first night when I open it, some small insect fly out which is disgusting. However I don't find it on the following day.

At the evening, they will put some bean bag near the river for the guest. Very nice to lay down have a drink and enjoy the fresh air.

For those who love greenery and peaceful sure will like it. Location is not in the central thus is quiet. Only 15- 20mins away from town. We rent a motorbike to hoop around and is really fun.

Is a very relaxing stay with Zensala and will definitely our first choice. We will never forget the time stay there!

• Stayed: November 2012
Yuki34, Guest Relations Manager at Zensala Riverpark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

Thank you so much for choosing us as your stay in Chiang Mai. Also, thank you for very useful comments. We will take your comments and do our best to improve our service. We hope we could have a chance to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I am falling in love with this resort with my second visit. My first visit to this hotel was just so so to me, maybe it was just opened at that time. This time, I booked my room directly with hotel. I got good rate.

This time, everything is perfect and far beyond my expectation. Staffs offered warm welcome and very kind to me and my wife. The hospitality and service mind here are the biggest score at this hotel. It has calm quiet Ping river view. I just realized that you will not see any building across the river, so the view of this hotel is just river and green!!! It takes only 10 minutes to reach attractions in the busy city, and get back to fully rest with this resort.

Breakfast is well prepared and cater in the way you want. I ask the chef to make my bacon more crispy and there is no hesitation at all. I finally get my extra crispy bacon which chef prepared perfectly.

The pool is hydro pool with Jacuzzi massage and sea salted water. I love the pool because pool water is warm. It is just so perfect. I must come back here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Naturalmade

We are so glad to welcome you back. Thank you for your trust in us.