“2 Good tours”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“2 Good tours”
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We book one tour first with the advise of the desk at Empress hotel. The first all day tour was Doi Intranoon. The was 2 waterfalls, the highest peak in Thailand , and a mountain village, and a temple. The water falls were nice. The peak was great, looking down on clouds. You can watch them make cotten cloth at the mountain village. Lunch and waters include for 1400 baht. Liked it.
Booked a second half day tour to Doi Suetaip and Moong village. The twin temple are a must see, even though one is under repair from earthquakes.
Nothing bad to say about Journey Tours.

Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Car Rental”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Hertz's cars were fully booked so I went on a search to find a trustworthy Thai company. I found reviews online that suggested Journey was a more trustworthy car rental place than some others. I made sure they had 1st class insurance because the traffic in Chiang Mai is so terrible and then booked. Well, everything went well until the end when it was time to turn in the car. These people claimed the maximum amount of money they could from our agreement because of something on the bumper. I'll attach a picture I took of the bumper... Ultimately they took advantage of the contract and said whatever they wanted in order to get a large lump sum of money. Who knows how often they do this? DO NOT RENT FROM THESE PEOPLE.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Chris E
Manhattan, Kansas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Worse Tour Company Ever”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We booked two tours with journey tours through Golden Corner Tours in Chiang Mai. The first tour was to Chiang Rai, Laos, and Hot Springs. Hot springs was a joke. Man made "gieser" pumping sulfur in a shopping center. That's it. The white temple is stunning but crowded and a constant "no stopping, keep moving" through a bull horn ruins the experience. The rest of the trip was just shopping stops. The was very little information given for each area and the "guide" was giving more information about the shopping than the sights.
The second tour was beyond terrible! It was supposed to be 5 hill tribes tour. We were picked up late and last in a 11 passenger van. My son and I were the 11th and 12th people. They wanted us to sit up front with the driver. We are not small people so we barely fit. The tour guide and the other tourists made comments about our size and thought it was really funny. We felt humiliated. No apology was given. The first stop was 30 minutes at an orchid and butterfly farm. The place was about the size of two gas stations and warrants 10 minutes at best to see it all. When we got to the "village" the guide wanted us to sit in the back of the van but the gap to squeeze through to get to the back was roughly 8 inches and it would have been even more humiliating. We said no and told them the front was where they put us so deal with it. They tried to say it was unsafe for us to be there but we said if they could drive us the first hour and a half like that they have to live with it. The driver was not happy. Eventually I switched with the guide and she was squished in the front with my son. The 5 tribes were not different places. Four of the five were in a shopping "village" dressed differently for each tribe. There was nothing shown related to their lives beyond the shopping stalls. There was no information given about them but a few short sentences about where they are from. The last hill tribe was another shopping village. We decided not to enter and wanted to stay with the van. We stood outside the can and my son was leaning on the front of it when the driver got in and without a word backed it up. My son started to fall backward and tried to catch himself on the front of the can but the driver just kept backing up. My son finally gained his balance and avoided falling but the driver just drove off. He didn't go anywhere. He just moved the van down the road about 100 yards so we couldn't sit in it. When we finally arrived back at our hotel, the guide just said "sorry about the day" without sounding the least bit sorry.
This was truly the worse tour we have ever been on. Don't waste your money on this company.

1 Thank Lisa E
Richmond, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Worst experience for a day tour. Hot spring seemed man made and full of tourists and shops, nothing really to see. Long drive to white temple which was over crowded and difficult to see without getting pushed around. Even longer drive to hill tribe village which was not what was advertised nor is it really a village but rather another trinket shop. Lunch followed thought the food was lukewarm and blah. The "1 hour" boat ride around the golden triangle was really 20 minutes with 30 minutes in loas which was again just a row of trinket stands and over priced fake bags. Finally the stop at the boarder of mayanmar was pointless as you can't cross over but at least you shop at (more) trinket stands. The guide was nice though she repeated herself a lot. The driver drove so quickly that I thought I was going to die several times. The ride back was supposed to take 3 hours but took 5 as we made several stops along the way which seemed questionable as only the guide or driver would get out really quickly.

Do yourself a favor and save the money but more importantly don't waste a day on this terrible trip.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Waste of a day!! 1 day to Chiang Rai”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

I booked 3 trips with Journey - 1st two were excellent but on the last trip I felt really depressed that I'd chosen to spend my last day in Chiang Mai on this trip. I wished I'd chosen to stay in Chiang Mai. We set off at 7am to the hot springs where I was expecting to be able to bathe. It's a glorified market stop with a hot spring fountain surrounded by concrete and cordoned off. Nothing to see here. Next stop, The White Temple. Beautiful but very touristy and is located in a car park surrounded by yet more markets. Not as idyllic as the pictures show. After this, a really long drive stopping off at yet more markets at the "hill tribe village". This was the worst stop. Completely fabricated and another ploy to get you to spend money. After this the final leg to the Golden Triangle. A complete disappointment. The scenery is similar to Blackpool with heaps of tourists and yet more markets. We took a boat on the Mekong river to Laos to yet more markets then we drove another hour to the most northern part of Thailand to yet more markets. Nothing interesting about this trip. It's a long 14 hours in a cramped mini bus and you'll be missing out on seeing the real Thailand. Biggest regret of my trip so far. Very dissapointed.

1 Thank Ruizzu