Location : The location is very ideal for travelers. Right outside it's front door is part of the extended night market which extends 0.5 km to the left and 0.5 km to the right. Exchanging currency is easy, there are two Thai banks across the street. There's a starbucks and mc donald on it's left and further down is the older Night Bazaar which is a big one. To the right, just 50 meters down is another night market and restaurants. And several massage stations that go for Baht 150, I think it was. Saw gellato stations, stalls that sell fresh fruits, dry fruits stands, spices, back packs, decors, clothes galore ! You can spend an hour or much more in this area.
Steps away is a Japanese buffet restaurant that is fully airconditioned for Baht 200; and another one that serve bento box meals for Baht 150.
Pricing : Moderate .... Affordable ... Worth it if not more that what we pay.
Breakfast : Very good daily buffet breakfast for me. If you are a gourmand, you might want to cross the street instead. For culinary ( more $$$$$ ) meals.
Floor Area : 32 sq m .... which is a gem. More and more hotels are doing 24 sq m. Oh please. The managers should try living in them. Here in Asia, any hotel with less than 24 sq m needs should be in the bottom of the list.
Amenities : Ensuite bathroom with tub and shower, room safe, AC.
I'm excited to be back. Will take a few friends along. And I'm not even in the travel industry.
Most of my travels now are for leisure. So, i don't access my emails when overseas. Clients sms or call my mobile phone if they need me. This hotel's internet service is expensive. Cross the street instead.
Caveat : Most floors have renovated rooms. A couple or so have yet to be renovated. Even if not yet renovated, the rooms are bearable. I don't like to complain much when I'm on holiday with the rates this hotel charges. For those that have high standards, there
are two that may suit your taste buds - on the same street. And one that is on the other end of the night market that I think is "to die for".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Princess Chiang Mai is a haven of warm personal service and Thai hospitality, and its charming guest rooms and suites feature traditional Thai-inspired decor and design complemented by modern amenities and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Travelbag, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dusit Princess Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Princess Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Royal Princess Hotel Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Royal Princess