“Excellent value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 374 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Burgau, Portugal
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

My girlfriend and I spen 3 nights in Chiang Mai in November. We stayed at Varada place which represents excellent value. The location is good and you are a 15 minute walk from the old city.

The rooms were very clean with large shower rooms with hot water.

Varada is very helpful and will assist you with your travel needs.

1 Thank Robert W
Varada P, Owner at Varada Place, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you very much . Next time you must stay more days . Have a nice day .
Regards . Varada Place

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I recently stayed there 7 nights, which wasn't initially planned. But I liked the place and found it pleasant (not that the rooms are fancy decorated or so but it's first of all super clean and also the hot shower and the air-condition work) and therefore prolonged from initially 2 days to 6 days to 7 days. Yeah, Mrs. Varada had to be a little flexible with me, first I arrived spontanious and late (but her maids managed it well to check me in, even with their limited English) and then I left for just one night because of a meditation retreat and returned afterwards (late again, but everything was organized that I got my room and luggage back from the security guard). But she could all handle this with a smile. Further she gave me nice tips where to eat and what to visit in the old town and lent me a bicycle free of charge for my whole stay - which I really appreciated, as it is so lovely to cycle through the old town and it's such a quick mean of transport to get from A-B.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Andrea S
Varada P, Owner at Varada Place, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
I know you have a confidence for ride a bicycle so I have a bicycle then I offer you to cycling around Chiang Mai . It is better than you walk and save your time . I always asking my customer to cycling

Thank you very much for your coming to my place .
See you next time .
Regard
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

At first, we were very hesitant to stay at Varada Place as it had very few reviews. Initially, we had only 1 night booked with Varada for our 5 day stay in Chiang Mai. However, as soon as we arrived, I knew that I would love to stay at Varada Place for our entire stay, and we ended up canceling our other reservations in Chiang Mai. Here are some of the reasons why Varada Place worked out so well for us:

-Tourist information agency is right next door to Varada Place (as a matter of fact, girl who runs that agency, lives in Varada Place)
-Laundomat is right next door (very fast laundry service with option of ironing your clothes, 30BHT per kilo)
-Thai Massage is right next door, so after a long day of running around & sightseeing you can have a relaxing massage right before bedtime!
-Varada Place is located within a 5 minute walk from the mall that has a post office, bakery, fruits, and a huge food court
-There is a security guard on duty every night
-The front door to the Varada Place has a lock that can only be opened with your key (hence no stranger can enter the guesthouse)
-Our room was cleaned everyday (clean towels, two complementary bottles of water were provided on daily basis)

We arrived very early, and were able to do an early check in (and even if our room wasn't ready, Verada has offered for us to leave our bags safely at her office, so we can go on with our day)

Varada's professionalism has greatly impressed me. She really treats every guest as they are her only guest. As we were checking in, a lady stopped by and mentioned to Varada that the light in her room was too dim. Next thing we know, ALL of the lights were changed on our entire floor. At the end of our stay Varada was so kind that she gave us a ride to the bus terminal to avoid us any hastle going through getting pubic transportation.

We absolutely loved our stay at Chiang Mai, and Varada has made it a great experience for us. Without doubt we will be coming back in the future.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JuliaMTA
Varada P, Owner at Varada Place, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
I am very appreciate for your kindness too . Thank you very much for every things that you did for my place . Good luck .
Berlin, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

This place beat all of our expectations upon arrival! Great price! The hotel and the rooms are super clean! The location is just perfect! It's near all of the best restaurants, and a block away from the main road that can get you to the square (Center City) or Doi Suthep (A must see in Chiang Mai) in minutes!

The owner, Varada is one of the nicest people we have ever met! She is a real professional and a truly honest person. Upon arrival, she gave us a map and suggested things to see and activities to do in Chiang Mai and the surrounding regions. She also helped us rent a motorcycle and got us a very good deal on it. She also suggested some nice budget restaurants with some real authentic Thai food.

Mrs. Varada, thank you so much for all your help, we really miss you and looking forward to see you in couple years when we come back to Thailand once again!

Serge and Darya,

Room Tip: Feel free to book any rooms, hotel is very clean.
1 Thank 3DSerge
Varada P, Owner at Varada Place, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Than you for your coming to my place . Your couple are very nice to me too . See you next time .
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Me and a friend stayed 3 nights at Varada Place recently. It's got all you want for the price, clean rooms, easy walk into the old town and a very helpful and friendly owner. Varada offered us lots of useful advice about Chang Mai and I'd throughly recommend. The only small downside is at the moment is that there is a bit of work going on outside but that it due to end soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Varada P, Owner at Varada Place, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you . You are a man from Ireland but live in London and you have a special laughing that I like it . See you in next time .Varada
BC Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We spent 3 nights in early November 2013. Check-in was friendly and efficient. Owner Varada was very helpful with any questions we had. Barbara and her friend & travel agent Nuen were of great help in planning tours and getting bus tickets and reservations for us.

1 Thank Henry I
Varada P, Owner at Varada Place, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your stay with us . See you next time .
Regards
Frisco, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Awesome location. Easy access by taxi or walking to old city. Super close to fantastic 5 story mall with the most amazing and super cheap food court with everything. Right next to laundry and the coolest expat bar in town. Rooms are super clean with two very nice sized beds. But the best part is Varada...she is so helpful. She can help you figure anything....younger than me...but just like a mom away from home. You will not go wrong booking this very inexpensive room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Eric R
Varada P, Owner at Varada Place, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you Michael . I try to do my best for every customer . See you next time and get well soon .
Best regards . Varada Padungkiat