“Best Hostel Experience ”
Review of Aoi Garden Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Aoi Garden Home
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

This place was amazing! Definitely not your run of the mill hostel. Aoi and company were so helpful and friendly and made one of the best iced coffees I've ever had. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms maintained excellently. Two thumbs up!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Aoi Home Garden might be the best hostel I've ever been. I arrived there without any booking and Aoi (owner) made everything possible to make my stay pleasant, and the staff even tookcare of me when I got sick. The place is clean, beds are comfortable and the food served is fantastic. Some backpackers may found it expensive but, to be honest, you wont find that choice of bread anywhere in Chiang Mai. She gave me great recommendation for day trips and was genuinely interested in my feedback.

Aoi doesn't speak much, and some of the reviewers in here associated this behavior to rudeness. She is a great, strong and kind buddhist woman and works hard and in silence. I sincerely think the place should charge way more for the service you get back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Laris2222
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I love this place, Aoi is the most amazing host. Such a kind, genuine person who loves what she does and takes pride in keeping the place absolutely immaculate.
It is great value and has a lovely atmosphere.
I booked for 2 nights and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank sarah j
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Been on the road 4 months and this has been my FAVORITE hostel experience thus far. Aoi, the women who runs the hostel, is one of the kindest hosts I have had at a hostel. It was a great memorable experience. *Sttay at this hostel*. She goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable and at home. The facilities are in a great setting too. The main area makes you feel like you are in a garden in the middle of Chiang Mai. Great hostel, great staff and a great experience.

Room Tip: Been on the road 4 months and this has been my FAVORITE hostel experience thus far. Aoi, the women w...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Justin M
Reviewed 17 September 2013

1st time i stayed i arrived without a booking at 6am the staff told me to leave my bag and enjoy chiang mai for a few hrs... By 10am i had a lovely clean bed... Ibooked a trekk through the hostel and Aoi (owner) and staff were so helpfull... After 6days up north thailand ireturned to chiang mai for rhe night on way south, turned up again with no booking. They remembered me and looked after me again with no problems.... Highley reccomended and would stay here again
Thomas.. Scotland

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Tougalbhoy
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We booked this hostel on the internet and didn't know what to expect for the low price we paid. When we arrived at 9am after having travelled over night with no sleep we could not check in until 11am but Aoi took us to a rest room to make us comfortable and let us sleep until our room was ready. The rooms are lovely and everything is clean. The staff are helpful and friendly. We have extended our stay for the 8 days we are in chiang mai. This places needs a new category as we wouldn't class it as a hostel!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Becci C
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Best hostel in SE Asia, Aoi and her staff are very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is very relax, the rooms were beautiful. 10 out of 10. Ive been living in hostels for 5 months and this one is in my top 3, highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013