“Excellent! Really good value!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nova Collection Jewelry

Nova Collection Jewelry
Ranked #41 of 127 Shopping in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Nova is a full service Jewelry Studio located in the heart of Chiang Mai. For over 20 years we have been providing our customer with beautiful designer jewelry handmade from our own workshop. Nova also offers a course for beginner's silver jewelry making in short classes from 1-5 days. Anyone can learn the basics of silversmithing and have a hands on experience that let you bring home a
mission bc
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 175 helpful votes
“Excellent! Really good value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

My wife found Nova on the internet before our trip to Thailand. She often buys home made pieces from friends who make simple jewelry as a hobby and wanted to give it a try for herself. The aprox. 5 hour course is a bargain at only $45, and they only have 8 seats so book in advance. You need only pay for the weight of your finished piece by the gram, which was very reasonable, my wife's necklace pendant cost only about U$12 for the silver. I was very proud of her design and workmanship, she has a really nice looking piece that she can wear with pride. She was very happy with the instruction and support she received. She also purchased a nice opal ring in the shop. While she was taking the course I spent the day wondering around town checking out the "antique" shops, getting a massage and my nails done, and returning to meet her for lunch and take a look at her work station to see how she was doing. The town is very safe, I was not bothered by anyone or felt unsafe in anyway (except crossing the main street which can be a bit scary).
You need to be realistic, you are not getting advanced jewely making training in a part day course, this is a good choice for beginners with little or no experience, and everyone goes home with their own ring or pendant.
The only negative was that the upstairs studio is not air conditioned which was hard on my wife due to the high humidity in mid October.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Piggy-can-fly

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing customised jewelry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I had stones which I had purchased previously and took to Chiang Mai hoping to have them set, although I had no idea for design. We were assisted by one of the business partners who spoke impeccable English and within ten minutes selected two designs from an outstanding range in their showroom. The prices were reasonable and we were able to collect both pieces in just a few days. I am delighted by both pieces (a ring and pendant) and would highly recommend a visit, to either purchase off the shelf or have pieces custom made.

Visited October 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank MaJo1968
Singapore, Singapore
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Beautiful custom jewelry, fabulous service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stumbled upon the shop during a visit to Chiang Mai several months ago and loved the design sense. We ended up having a custom pair of wedding bands made and shipped. The bands were exactly what we wanted. Sadly, I developed a reaction to my band. I was really happy to find that they worked with me to figure out the problem and for only the cost of shipping, they remade the ring with pure, rather than alloy, silver to resolve the issue. Great design, high quality product, great service.

Visited December 2012
Nova A, Owner at Nova Collection Jewelry, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you. The pleasure has been ours on working to get everything right.
Crewe, United Kingdom
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Dangerously good shop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

This shop is my wife's favourite place in the city!!!. We've not been to the school, but if its related to the shop, it'll be great. The shop has a superb range of items at brilliant prices, we have purchased items from here on every visit to Chiang Mai. They have especially good offers on sapphires, and do really good silver work.
The staff are really friendly and have exceptionally good command of English, which is useful as my Thai is limited.
Overall a great shop, and a must visit whilst in Chiang Mai.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dave D
Norwich, United Kingdom
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“Truly original”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

I doubt anyone plans to visit Chiang Mai to purchase jewelry, but visiting Jatu at Nova is somehow different. As soon as you see the shop you get a sense of the high level of creativity, and once inside the style, quality and original designs are irresistable. Go with ideas and Jatu and her team will make them reality, or seek their advice. As with other travellers, this has for me too, become a regular stop when in Chiang Mai, and a much better gift for yourself than taking home something from the Night Bazaar.
You also get the chance to join a course and create original jewelry for yourself - not something which is available at our High Street jewellers and at incredibly reasonable prices. A great team run the business and thanks to Jatu I have completely original gold & silver ring and cuff-links, which keep getting very envious remarks. Thanks Jatu!
The shop is small, located along Thapae Road, on the left if heading for Thapae Gate and is well worth a visit even if you do not have the time for a course.

Visited February 2013
Nova A, Owner at Nova Collection Jewelry, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you and hope to see you on your next visit to Chinag mai.