“Fantastic!”

Nova Collection Jewelry
Ranked #38 of 159 Shopping in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Nova is a full service Jewelry Studio located in the heart of Chiang Mai. For over 20 years we have been providing our customer with beautiful designer jewelry handmade from our own workshop. Nova also offers a course for beginner's silver jewelry making in short classes from 1-5 days. Anyone can learn the basics of silversmithing and have a hands on experience that let you bring home a
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I did a one day course and it's so amazing that you come away with something that looks so professionally made! The teacher was so very patient, attending to all of the students! I would love to ave done the 5 day course but unfortunately didn't have time! I thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful learning experience and would highly recommend this jewellery class!

1  Thank NettiandLinds
"craftsmanship"
"techniques"
"benches"

Reviewed 1 November 2013

My wife found Nova on the internet before our trip to Thailand. She often buys home made pieces from friends who make simple jewelry as a hobby and wanted to give it a try for herself. The aprox. 5 hour course is a bargain at only $45, and they only have 8 seats so book in advance. You need only pay for the weight of your finished piece by the gram, which was very reasonable, my wife's necklace pendant cost only about U$12 for the silver. I was very proud of her design and workmanship, she has a really nice looking piece that she can wear with pride. She was very happy with the instruction and support she received. She also purchased a nice opal ring in the shop. While she was taking the course I spent the day wondering around town checking out the "antique" shops, getting a massage and my nails done, and returning to meet her for lunch and take a look at her work station to see how she was doing. The town is very safe, I was not bothered by anyone or felt unsafe in anyway (except crossing the main street which can be a bit scary).
You need to be realistic, you are not getting advanced jewely making training in a part day course, this is a good choice for beginners with little or no experience, and everyone goes home with their own ring or pendant.
The only negative was that the upstairs studio is not air conditioned which was hard on my wife due to the high humidity in mid October.

1  Thank Piggy-can-fly
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I had stones which I had purchased previously and took to Chiang Mai hoping to have them set, although I had no idea for design. We were assisted by one of the business partners who spoke impeccable English and within ten minutes selected two designs from an outstanding range in their showroom. The prices were reasonable and we were able to collect both pieces in just a few days. I am delighted by both pieces (a ring and pendant) and would highly recommend a visit, to either purchase off the shelf or have pieces custom made.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank MaJo1968
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stumbled upon the shop during a visit to Chiang Mai several months ago and loved the design sense. We ended up having a custom pair of wedding bands made and shipped. The bands were exactly what we wanted. Sadly, I developed a reaction to my band. I was really happy to find that they worked with me to figure out the problem and for only the cost of shipping, they remade the ring with pure, rather than alloy, silver to resolve the issue. Great design, high quality product, great service.

Nova A, Owner at Nova Collection Jewelry, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you. The pleasure has been ours on working to get everything right.