“Beautiful and Unusual”

Nova Collection Jewelry
Ranked #40 of 127 Shopping in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Nova is a full service Jewelry Studio located in the heart of Chiang Mai. For over 20 years we have been providing our customer with beautiful designer jewelry handmade from our own workshop. Nova also offers a course for beginner's silver jewelry making in short classes from 1-5 days. Anyone can learn the basics of silversmithing and have a hands on experience that let you bring home a
Stirling, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Unusual”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for some jewellery then this place is definitely worth hunting down! The jewellery is contemporary and unusual but beautiful and reasonably priced. I got a silver and rosewood bracelet and my wife got a topaz necklace and we both love them....I could have bought a lot more if my wallet had allowed!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
“A WORTHWHILE EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My boyfriend and I just completed a 5 day course with Nugoon at Nova Jewellery (I had previously completed the 1 day course alone). Nugoon is very talented at what he does and it is amazing for him to share his knowledge. He assisted us in all aspects of the jewellery making process and we created very professional looking rings, pendants and stones set in the silver (even if we say so ourselves!). The teaching instruction was given with the utmost care, consideration and concentration.

I definitely recommend this experience for all those travelling through Chiang Mai and wanting to create a lasting memory. The 1 or 5 day courses are extremely rewarding and satisfying experiences. For me, the only problem was that I didn't want it to end.

Thank you for your guidance Nugoon, it was value for money and you have left a lasting impression on us with your passion and skill in your trade.

Visited December 2013
Perth, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Try something a bit different!”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I did a one-day course at Nova and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. You have the option to make either a ring or pendant. There are numerous examples to chose from and you can also discuss customising an option if you have a particular design in mind. The tutor is very patient and gives clear instructions. There were two other pupils in the class and he managed to give us all plenty of attention and instruction throughout the day. The class really makes you appreciate the skill and craftsmanship that goes into making jewellery. I have also become very attached already to the piece I made complete with its slightly wonky engraving! This one-day class gives you the opportunity to try your hand at some new skills and make a very unique holiday keepsake in the process.

Visited December 2013
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I did a one day course and it's so amazing that you come away with something that looks so professionally made! The teacher was so very patient, attending to all of the students! I would love to ave done the 5 day course but unfortunately didn't have time! I thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful learning experience and would highly recommend this jewellery class!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank NettiandLinds
mission bc
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Excellent! Really good value!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My wife found Nova on the internet before our trip to Thailand. She often buys home made pieces from friends who make simple jewelry as a hobby and wanted to give it a try for herself. The aprox. 5 hour course is a bargain at only $45, and they only have 8 seats so book in advance. You need only pay for the weight of your finished piece by the gram, which was very reasonable, my wife's necklace pendant cost only about U$12 for the silver. I was very proud of her design and workmanship, she has a really nice looking piece that she can wear with pride. She was very happy with the instruction and support she received. She also purchased a nice opal ring in the shop. While she was taking the course I spent the day wondering around town checking out the "antique" shops, getting a massage and my nails done, and returning to meet her for lunch and take a look at her work station to see how she was doing. The town is very safe, I was not bothered by anyone or felt unsafe in anyway (except crossing the main street which can be a bit scary).
You need to be realistic, you are not getting advanced jewely making training in a part day course, this is a good choice for beginners with little or no experience, and everyone goes home with their own ring or pendant.
The only negative was that the upstairs studio is not air conditioned which was hard on my wife due to the high humidity in mid October.

Visited October 2013