“You'll be living with a biting cat”

Be Beez Guest House
Be Beez Guest House
Ranked #457 of 775 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Well, I'd thought that I'd finally found a decent place to stay, and it is a clean, decent place, but be aware that the cat runs the show. While I was signing the registry book upon check-in, a white cat which was sitting on the counter, reached over and bit my arm. I hadn't even been paying any attention to it - completely unprovoked. It didn't break my skin, but it was rather unnerving.

Later that day, while upstairs in the dorm, the cat entered the room. I shooed it out, but it kept trying to come in. It walked throughout the room, on beds and over people's stuff and the decided to sleep on an occupied bed. I asked the staff nicely if they could come get the cat out of the room and the response was, "Okay." 15 minutes later, nobody had come and it was still in there. I asked them if they'd understood my request and the response was, "The cat walks everywhere." Then when I reminded the lady that the cat had bitten me at check-in (which she'd seen) and that cat's don't belong in dorm rooms, I was given the proverbial, "I'm sorry." I told them I was checking out the next day, which I did. I don't need a cat biting me at its whim or cat piss or fur on my stuff.

One bathroom on the floor for the 10 beds while the upstairs floor has one bathroom for 3 private rooms.

Room Tip: Get a private room so you can keep the cat out of the room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank travelinhobo_10
There are newer reviews for Be Beez Guest House

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We've been here for 4 days in a double room. We had a great time, the place is clean, staff is friendly and it has a lovely little terrace, where you can read, sleep or hang out with a cold beer and meet nice people. Wi-fi is also very good. If you are hungry I recommend yellow curry, it is the best I had. Prices are also suited for a traveler on a budget.
Have a great time....

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 3 October 2013

i stayed in the dorm for 3 nights on the advice of someone i met while travelling. it was cosy, but perfectly adequate and really good value. the beds are large, there are lots of fans and the bathroom is clean. there is only one bathroom/shower room for a ten bed dorm so maybe avoid it in peak season. the food downstairs in th cafe is good- tasty, fresh and good value. the portions arent huge but it was more than enough for me! the hostel is 5 mins walk from the main backpacker area if this is your thing, and centrally located for the whole old city. i would definitely stay here again. dorm room was 120 baht a night.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

A lovely guest house, with very reasonable rates, and very friendly staff. It is very clean and well maintained The food is amazing and all the staff are incredibly friendly and all ways happy to help. Would even go as far to say one of the best Guest houses i've stayed in in Thailand, which is quite surprising considering how reasonably priced it is. Look forward to staying here again :)

Room Tip: Dorms or single or share with friends up to you :)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Be beez enjoys a brilliant location. It is in the heart of all the wats worth visiting, next to the Saturday and Sunday markets within walking distance to everything in chiangmai worth visiting.
Staff are really friendly and approachable. Food is not bad. I was in the dorm room, technically sharing with 9 but, in reality, only 2! The only negative remark I have to make is about the toilet, which was always wet. However, that seems to be the case in most of the toilets so not entirely sure this is q fair criticism.
I would recommend be beez GH and if I ever return to.chiangmai would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. Got a private room with A/C.
Had to sleep 1 night without A/C because I left it on during the day. Apparently they have a max usage of the A/C. So you'd be better to turn it off when you leave the room. I didn't know this, now it's quite obvious to me :)
The staff is friendly. There is no 24 hour reception. So when I figured the A/C didn't work at night, I couldn't reach them, and had to sleep with a backup fan.

Room Tip: If you want A/C you pay 100 baht extra. But it's well worth it when you travel in the summer ;)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I was well satisfied with this hostel. Every aspect of it was excellent. The location couldn't be better, right down the street from Sunday night walking street festival. Great food is all around in Chiang Mai. Some restaurants are priced fairly and some are more tourist oriented. I was pleased to find the restaurant at this hostel not only served quality dishes, but was priced for locals. The staff is friendly and the place stays spotless. Plenty of facilities for everyone. Make sure you pet the white cat. Shes a sweety!

• Stayed: May 2013