Open today: 09:00 - 21:00

Book in advance
from
£22.78
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Galangal Cooking Studio
from £22.78
More Info
from £28.87
More Info
1,167 results
All reviews local market at home thai food recipe book great teacher private class spring rolls a lot of fun khao soi amazing experience visiting chiang mai dishes instructor thailand classes chef
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2019

My 4 friends and I took a three day trip to Chiang Mai and knew we wanted to do a cooking class so I did heavy research on which one to choose (there are so many) and this one had wonderful reviews, and let me tell you, it exceeded our expectations. We did the 4 hour evening class and it was something we'll remember forever. Aoy, the teacher, is so lovely she took us to one of the local markets (where there aren't a lot of tourists) and told us all about the ingredients we'd be cooking with and then gave us time to browse a little on our own. When we got back we started cooking immediately. Aoy's instructions were so clear that literally anyone could do this and have it come out perfectly (I'm not great in the kitchen normally and mine were all delicious). We did 4 courses and they were all INCREDIBLE. You are so stuffed by the end (in a great way). Aoy was such a great teacher. We were all laughing the entire time.
I vote this as an absolute MUST DO if you're ever in Chiang Mai!

Reviewed 9 January 2019

We did a full day of cooking and it was a long day with lots and lots of food. Our group of about 10 people went to the market to learn about the vegetables and spices and buy ingredients needed for our meals. I loved that we had the choice between several meal options for each course, a stir fry, a soup, appetizer, curry and a dessert. This allowed us to learn multiple different recipes and try them all at our table. Our company was a great group and we enjoyed sharing meals and learning about where everyone is from. Tae was a great instructor! Very fun and easy to follow but he did challenge us, especially when making the curry paste! I would absolutely recommend taking the course, but make sure you show up hungry. We had to take home our last meal since we were so full, but everything was delicious and we got a detailed PDF cookbook emailed.

Reviewed 2 January 2019

My family of 4 experienced this wonderful cooking class. Our instructor, AOy, was patient and very thorough. She took us to a local market where she purchase fresh ingredients for our meals. We cooked some of my favorite Thai dishes! And of course the dishes were easy to prepare. Aoy also sent us a pdf cookbook via email and I cant wait to make the green curry I prepared again!

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank gia82274
Reviewed 2 January 2019 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend booked a full day thai cooking course in the morning hours and had just an amazing time.
The day started in a local market after two lovely girls picked us up from our hotel.
They explained the different ingredients we were about to use in our lesson with much detail and in good English.
We arrived at the cooking studio, it was really cosy,clean,nice looking and had a really nice vibe to it.
We made 5 different dishes and curry paste, with detailed explanations, tips and good vibe guidance. After every dish we ate what we cooked and just enjoyed every delicious bite of it.

All in all we had an amazing time, got all recipes over email and left the place with a smile and full belly.
Recomeded for all food lovers!

Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

Thank you Tae, we really enjoyed our afternoon class with you.
The trip to the market, the instruction and the food was marvellous.
A great afternoon and evening that everyone should try.
Good luck and keep up the good work

Date of experience: December 2018